Company: Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
Location: Shreveport, LA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/25/2023
Expire Date: 02/15/2025
Job Categories: Medical
• Diagnosis and management of optical disorders and ocular diseases.
• Provides or refers for vision rehabilitation services when indicated.
• Interacts effectively with ophthalmology and other medical specialists in the care of eye conditions with systemic associations.
• Effectiveness in Emergencies-Acts quickly in recognizing emergency situations, and takes timely necessary action.
• Patient Management-Maintains confidentiality of patients and relatives through competence and interpersonal skills.
• Acts as a consultant in involving patients in the optometric treatment and management plan.
• Consultations and Specialty Skills-Demonstrates the ability to recognize the need for consultation to other facility specialty areas.
• Record keeping-Maintains clear, accurate, and current clinical records. Completes medical records per hospital regulations.
• Creates and maintains a patient-centered care environment.
• Serves as a mentor for students and residents, other employees, and interacts with academic affiliates as needed. Plans and guides their educational activities to meet the individual needs of the learner.
• Collaborates and coordinates with other professional, technical, and administrative staff.
• Demonstrates willingness to serve effectively on committees, boards, surveys and audits.
• Demonstrates belief in each employee by delegating responsibility and authority commensurate with the employee's abilities.
• Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and coordinate the administrative, clinical, or educational programs by demonstrating leadership skills, knowledge, and competence.
• Demonstrates accuracy of judgment on and assisting with professional/administrative actions. Demonstrates ability to achieve a balance among administrative tasks, while caring for the patients.
• Demonstrates effectiveness in communicating verbally in correspondence and reports. Acts to complete reports within time frame set.
• Demonstrates adherence to personal and professional obligations and responsibilities. Acts in carrying out assignments and keeping appointments.