|Pulmonary/ Critical Care|
Company: Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
Location: Shreveport, LA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/25/2023
Expire Date: 02/15/2025
Job Categories: Medical
Pulmonary/ Critical Care|
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Attending responsibilities for the Medical ICU team (Medical Residents).
• Critical Care consultation in Surgical ICU (with Medical Residents and Critical Care Fellow).
• Teaching and mentoring medical students, residents, and Fellow
• Inpatient consultations for Pulmonary
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.., Monday through Friday (On call as required).
Conditions of Employment
• U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
• All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
• Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
• Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
• You may be required to serve a probationary period.
• Subject to background/security investigation.
• Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
• Must pass pre-employment physical examination.
• Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP).
• Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Veterans Health Administration Health Care Personnel (HCP) - See "Additional Information" below for details.