Company: Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
Location: Shreveport, LA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/25/2023
Expire Date: 02/15/2025
Job Categories: Medical
Interventional Cardiologist |
• Duties will include clinical practice, and teaching Cardiology fellows, residents, and medical students.
• Performs inpatient or outpatient cardiovascular consultation services.
• As with all our cardiology providers, he or she will be expected to contribute as needed to the support of general cardiology service.
• Perform standard diagnostic and cardiovascular procedures that may include, but not limited to percutaneous diagnostic right and left cardiac catheterization, radial and femoral access, coronary angioplasty and intervention, IABP and Impella insertion, right heart oximetry, temporary pacing and permanent device implantation, direct current cardioversions, stress (chemical and exercise) echocardiography and interpretation, trans-esphogeal echocardiogram performance and interpretation, trans-thoracic echocardiogram interpretation, tele-echocardiogram interpretation, electrocardiogram interpretation, Holter monitor and ambulatory rhythm interpretation and exercise and chemical stress treadmill testing, with and without nuclear imaging. Experience in peripheral vascular intervention is preferred. Structural heart disease intervention and/or venous intervention training desirable.
• Reviews physical requirements and conducts physical examination of various categories of military and civilian personnel.
• Serves as academic faculty for cardiovascular fellowship training program.
• Provides medical consultative services and chart review for quality assurance purposes or risk management.
• Teaching responsibilities as assigned and approved, including effectiveness in teaching, monitoring and coordination of educational activities including planning, evaluating, and documenting.
• Will perform history and physical examination, evaluate problems, and define the appropriate therapeutic approach. This physician will see outpatients in the outpatient clinics at the Overton Brooks VAMC.
• Will demonstrate the skill and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served, including the ability to identify patient needs, and to provide the care needed to promote improvement.
• Responsible for support, cooperation, and participation in meeting the goals and objectives of the Medical Care Cost Recovery Program. This includes assuring the cooperation of subordinates in performing tasks which may directly or indirectly contribute to the accomplishment of the MCCR collection goals and the fulfillment of the requirements of Public Laws, VA Directives, legislation, and local initiatives which govern the MCCR program.
• Perform other duties as assigned within their scope of practice.