|Account Manager, Industry|
Company: Institute for Functional Medicine
Location: REMOTE, WA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/20/2022
Expire Date: 07/20/2022
Job Categories: Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Account Manager, Industry|
The Account Manager, Industry will be responsible for building, maintaining and fostering mutually beneficial relationships with external stakeholders in the field of functional medicine, focusing on industry and commercial relationships including laboratories, nutraceutical companies, diagnostic tools and healthcare technology platforms/organizations. This role will be responsible for ensuring that the needs of the partnership meet the defined relationship strategy and revenue generation goals while also ensuring the partnership is relevant to functional medicine education.
This Account Manager will support domestic and international partnership development needs by managing a portfolio of industry accounts. The Account Manager will monitor and ensure the day-to-day requirements are met for each account; This will include collaborating internally with team members to evaluate new opportunities against the organization’s strategic priorities in order to generate new streams of revenue. This role will be responsible for implementing newly formed partnerships and leveraging existing partners by working closely with team members cross-departmentally. The Account Manager will also be responsible for supporting the organization’s goal to generate $500,000 annually in Industry partnerships.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Healthcare Management or related field or equivalent job experience.
• Experience in identifying, cultivating and securing partnerships in domestic and international context with a particular experience in relevant industry sectors desired.
• Knowledge and experience utilizing project management and relationship management databases (e.g. Asana, Hubspot, Airtable).
• Must have demonstrated expertise with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word) and a willingness and ability to adapt to new technologies and software.
• Excellent writing, presentation skills and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, a client-centered approach to opportunities, and passion for the mission of IFM.
• Strong organization and project management skills.
• Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and decision making to solve for complex problems;
• Ability to work independently and cross-departmentally; Must be able to work well in a team environment.
• Ability to facilitate cross functional collaboration and execution on contract agreements.
• Must be able to enact skillful dialogue, discussion, and inquiry, over the phone, in person, and via electronic media across multiple geographical locations.
• Ability to facilitate conversations and find common ground between several parties’ needs and perspectives.
• Highly driven, motivated and proactive – with a resilient, solutions-focused, positive attitude;
• Comfortable working in an environment where being adaptable and flexible is essential in a rapidly growing department and organization.