|Business Office Assistant, E-Procurement|
Company: Northwestern University
Location: Evanston, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/19/2021
Expire Date: 12/19/2021
Job Categories: Education
Business Office Assistant, E-Procurement|
This position resides within Procurement and Payment Services. This position will support the business office operations, which includes central bill program activities, etc. All functions listed below are performed with a high degree of independence and must be performed with integrity. This position must maintain a close working relationship with the other departments and schools, and all other units within Procurement and Payment Services.
Please note: Hybrid work schedule
Assist in Managing Various Programs in Service Delivery & Special Services Business Office
• Assist in facilitating and coordinating daily, weekly or monthly journal transactions for central bill programs.
• Analyze central bill information to identify errors; contact departments for corrections as needed.
• Manage programs as assigned, with supervision from Business Office Lead.
• Assist in generating and monitoring department reports for file clean up, post audit and internal controls.
• Contact departments and schools, as needed.
• Assist Business Office Manager in managing relationships with internal and external customers and developing efficient processes when a new central bill program is implemented.
• Include management and/or Business Office Manager in all discussions related to program development.
• Help ensure process documentation continues to be up to date and accurate for all processes supporting the central bill program.
• Maintain knowledge of the Chicago Fitness Program and be able to assist members and fitness center supplier with questions and other tasks.
Manage Requisition and Payment Request Processing
• Process monthly invoice for assigned central bill program supplier
• Process monthly invoice for fitness program supplier
• Monitor departmental office supplies and place orders to replenish inventory when needed.
• Create and process requisition and payment request for other PPS purchases or services when needed.
• Assist in ensuring website content is up to date for central bill and fitness center programs
• Identify content that would be of value to be included in PPS newsletter to help educate university community.
• Handle general issues and problem resolution in a professional manner.
• Have excellent problem solving.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to articulate processes, policies etc clearly and accurately.
Other Miscellaneous Duties
• Act as back-up for Customer Service Department.
• Run department reports to support projects or other PPS initiatives.
• As requested, attend and support departmental events such as supplier shows.
• As requested, assist with Price Validation/Content Audit for eProcurement Program.
• A high school diploma or equivalent required.
• 2 years of administrative support or other relevant experience required.
• Strong computer skills, especially with word processing and spreadsheets.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of procurement and payment processes, strategies, and systems.
• Proven record of effective relationship-building with internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience collaborating as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, vendors, and the general public.
• Customer service experience.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and perform typing and routine data entry with speed and accuracy.
• Ability to compose, proofread and/or edit letters and documents.
• Ability to calculate routine arithmetic.
• Strong knowledge of grammatical usage.
• Ability to work independently, without major oversight, and utilize good judgment when making decisions. Must also be self-motivated.
• Candidate needs to demonstrate professions demeanor.
• Ability to compile and analyze data from a problem solving perspective. Also, demonstrate good judgment and decision making related to interpreting data and making recommendations or acting on the analysis of data.
• Ability to develop a thorough understanding of University policies and procedures and ability to use sound judgment in applying them to individual situations.
• Experience working at a higher education institution.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
• Proficiency with PeopleSoft Financials.
• Exhibit continual improvement by attending relative training courses and seminars/conferences.
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates website.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.