|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/15/2021
Expire Date: 12/15/2021
Job Categories: Education
The Department of Otolaryngology is currently seeking an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant leads the broad scope of executive support-related activities and/or special projects for top-level leadership (Assistant VP and above or equivalent) and their functional area(s) to facilitate the efficient operations of the office and function. Responsible for schedule management, office management, travel arrangements, communications, information preparation, data management and analysis. This role represents the executive and their interests to others. The Executive Assistant has delegated authority regarding matters of significance. In addition, performs work without specific instruction or prescribed procedures.
Reports to and supports top-level leadership (Assistant VP and above) and their department(s) with high-level executive support.
Acts as executive liaison and advises others of the executive's activities and views on policies or issues, using judgment and discretion.
Manages executive's calendar and approves/declines meeting requests on behalf of the executive to ensure schedule is aligned to meet upcoming deadlines and/or priorities. Prioritizes meetings for executive to include the rescheduling and/or cancellation of other high-level meetings.
Manages executive’s travel arrangements and budget.
Independently creates memos, reports, presentations, project timelines and documents for distribution to members of various departments or meeting on behalf of the executive.
Ensures executive is prepared for meetings and/or presentations and is kept abreast of important information prior to any meetings/conference calls.
Uses independent judgement to respond on behalf of the executive, ensuring the confidential handling of information, correspondence and communications, including incoming, outgoing, and electronic communications on behalf of executive.
Prioritizes and manages multiple projects and/or special assignments championed by the executive.
Leads the planning of annual or ad-hoc special events.
Trains and supervises lower level clerical staff as needed.
Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Supports both the Chair of the Department, and Chief of Audiology
2. Manages the Human Resource and Faculty Affairs functions for the department through the use of WorkDay and other process formats:
b. Position requests/drafting of justifications
c. Promotion and tenure
e. Sensitive Human Resource issues
g. International scholars/faculty/staff (visa process).
3. Optimizes division/department processes as warranted.
4. Executes special projects and events as requested.
5. Supports monthly chair/chief timekeeping responsibilities.
6. Interprets requests having to do with the department/chairman’s office, and implements appropriate action, in a variety of areas including patient dissatisfaction.
7. Completes monthly on-call pay for all providers in the department.
8. Completes reimbursements for the chairman.
9. Support student processes related to ERAS and resident matching.
10. Manages all aspects of department meetings and trainings.
11. Assists in individual special requests made on behalf of department faculty.
12. Supports and manages off-site industry conferences and involved ancillary events.
a. Act as liaison between meeting planners and executive/faculty/chief.
b. Make decisions in accordance with timelines, budget restraints and conference tone/style.
13. Plans, coordinates and manages off-site department events, such as faculty retreats, conference alumni events, holiday events and faculty appreciations.
14. Manages conference room and meeting spaces, as well as HIPAA-compliant video software for the department.
15. Facilitates/supports department marketing & US News World & Report rankings endeavors.
16. Works weekends and after hours as needed by department/chair.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Associate’s degree in relevant field
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience