|IT Analyst Internship|
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Employment Type: Internship
Date Posted: 09/28/2021
Expire Date: 11/28/2021
Job Categories: Information Technology
IT Analyst Internship|
About the Team
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding summer internship? At PetSmart, we are committed to developing future business leaders. Join our Information Technology team this summer as an IT Analyst Intern and thrive in a collaborative culture where being the trusted partner to parents and pets in every moment of their lives is priority number one.
About the Job
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Experience the IT function of the leading pet specialty retailer firsthand as you work with a team of Analysts to work on business process modeling, Data mining, QA testing, process analysis, and other efficiencies.
- Leave your “paw” print with a project designed to make a true impact on the business.
- Present your recommendations and innovative ideas to PetSmart leaders.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- Sophomore or Junior status (Dec 2022, May/Dec 2023, or May 2024 graduation)
- Pursing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Knowledge of business process modeling required.
- Knowledge of process analysis and process efficiencies preferred.
- SQL, JAVA, Python, HTML, etc... read and understand some coding languages.
- Solid critical thinking ability; analytical skills are highly utilized in this role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to produce work in a collaborative, team environment.
About the Culture
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 10 week paid summer internship
- Develop and grow your skills with the support of a caring manager and dedicated mentor
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers*
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options*
- Make a difference! Volunteer with your fellow interns during the annual “PetSmart Interns Give Back” day
*Please note: On-Campus Amenities are currently limited and/or closed due to Covid-19.
Company Name: PetSmart
PetSmart, Inc. was founded in 1987 in Phoenix, Arizona and has become the leading provider of products, services, and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. PetSmart currently employs over 55,000 associates and operates more than 1,600 stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. In addition, the company operates over 200 in-store PetsHotel dog and cat boarding facilities and Doggie Day Camps, and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information. Since 1994, the company has partnered with PetSmart Charities, Inc., an independent, nonprofit organization that creates and supports programs that save the lives of homeless pets. As the largest funder of animal welfare efforts in North America, PetSmart Charities has provided more than $245 million in grants and programs benefiting animal welfare agencies. In addition, its in-store adoption program has helped save the lives of over 6 million pets! PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage applicants of all ages, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s age. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.