|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Neurology - Clinical Research Coordinator|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 09/24/2021
Expire Date: 11/24/2021
Job Categories: Medical
Neurology - Clinical Research Coordinator|
Department Specific Functions
This Clinical Research Coordinator will work in the Neurology Department, Movement Disorders Division, at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. The ideal candidate
will have a bachelorís degree from an accredited university in the health care field or other related field is preferred. Three years (3) work related experience in Clinical Research (ideally within the field of neurology/neuroscience), with experience in both patient interaction/evaluation and with the regulatory aspects of clinical research. Highly desired. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the principal investigator and other research staff in coordinating federal and/or industry sponsored research studies in neurology.
Department Specific Duties and responsibilities:
1. Assist the PI in developing UM protocols for submission to IRB, including bu
t not limited to the submission of required documentation to the UM/JMH IRB to ensure successful approval of research protocols. Maintenance of any reporting and other requirements by the IRB.
2. Administer informed consent forms for patients on drug studies.r
/> 3. Develop, review and submit required documentation to the UM/JMH IRB to ensure successful approval of research protocols. Maintain any reports and other requirements by the IRB.
4. Interact with various sponsoring agencies and their representatives, on issues regarding on-going protocols requiring occasional visits to supporting agencies and national meetings. Relate information back to the Division.
5. Coordinate patient recruitment and screening procedures in inpatient and outpatient settings. Obtain necessary medical records, schedule patients for pre-study screening, and maintain a study patient list.
6. Coordinate research related activities between departments to accomplish goals of studies<
br /> 7. Develop and manage the following procedures as they pertain to research studies and patients:
a. Perform necessary study evaluations
b. Complete patient data forms; collect results from outside laboratories, etc. and complete data into case re
c. Maintain pool of study candidates and ensure their availability.
d. Contact patients by telephone as required by the PI for clinical follow-up for requirements and adherence to research protocols.
e. Complete the medical chart and log-in of patientís vital signs, including weight, temperature, pulse rate, respiratory rate and blood pressure into case reports.
f. Collect vital signs, lab specimens (blood, urine, etcÖ)
g. Prepare lab samples for shipping
8. Coordinate the necessary testing for patient evaluations per physicianís orders and study protocol requirements.
9. Process and ship lab specimens to central lab as required by protocol an
d maintain updated study kits and supplies and maintain general laboratory supplies.
10. Offer assistance and provide information to help patients with protocol procedures.
11. Assist in keeping accurate records of concomitant medications and study m
ions as per study protocol requirements.
11. Maintain patients chart with clinic notes; up to date reports of laboratory results and change in treatment.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by PI within established policy.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelorís Degree in the health care field or other related field is desired.
Three years (3) work related experience in Clinical Research ideally within the field of neurology/neuros
cience), with patient interaction/evaluation experience and with the regulatory aspects of clinical research is highly desired. Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
s and Attitudes:
Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
Commitment to the Universityís core values.
Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.