|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Advanced Medical Support Assistant Walla Walla Main Campus|
Company: Veterans Health Administration
Location: Walla Walla, WA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Date Posted: 05/21/2021
Expire Date: 09/01/2021
Job Categories: Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Social Services, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Medical, Writing/Authoring
Advanced Medical Support Assistant Walla Walla Main Campus|
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency. MSAs must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005, part II, chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3j Specialized Experience: specialized experience in an advanced or complex clinical setting utilizing numerous advanced patient care systems, scheduling appointments across multiple clinics and coordination of services among a diverse team of medical providers and clinics to include outside agencies, advanced knowledge of medical terminology, advanced knowledge of the technical health care processes, policy and procedures as it relates to coordination of care. Candidates must demonstrate the KSAs below:
1. Ability to collaborate and communicate with a wide range of medical clinicians across multiple disciplines (e.g. medical doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, clinical pharmacists, and nursing staff) to accomplish team goal setting to ensure medical care to patients is met.
2. Ability to independently set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines, ensuring compliance with established processes, policies, and regulations.
3. Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, electronically, by phone, in person, and in writing, with internal and external customers. This may include preparing reports in various formats and presenting data to various organizational levels, as well as resolving patient concerns.
4. Advanced knowledge of the technical health care process (including, but not limited to, scheduling across interdisciplinary coordinated care delivery and/or care in the community models and patient health care portals) as it relates to access to care.
5. Advanced knowledge of policies and procedures associated with interdisciplinary coordinated care delivery and/or care in the community operational activities that affect patient flow, and patient support care administrative functions to include, but not limited to appointment cycles, outside patient referrals, follow-up care, overbooking, provider availability, etc.
6. Advanced knowledge of medical terminology due to the technical nature of language utilized by clinicians. References: VA Handbook 5005/53, Part II, Appendix G45, Medical Support Assistant Qualification Standard, GS-679. Published August 1, 2019 The full performance level of this vacancy is GS 6. Physical Requirements: The work is mostly sedentary but may require periods of standing and walking