|Associate Director US Medical Affairs Neuroscience|
Company: Otsuka Pharmaceuticals
Location: Princeton, NJ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/18/2021
Expire Date: 06/18/2021
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
Associate Director US Medical Affairs Neuroscience|
The Associate Director US Medical Affairs Neuroscience supports the Director, Medical Affairs to provide medical leadership and support for assigned Otsuka's US Neuroscience assets. This individual will take a leadership role for the execution and implementation of the Medical Affairs strategy in support of neuroscience assets, as well as representation on relevant cross-functional teams, and collaboration with the global affiliates. They may take a leadership role for the execution of medical affairs research and will also assist in the evaluation and support of investigator-initiated trials in their therapeutic area. This role will also serve as a therapeutic area expert in content creation, strategic and tactical discussions, and presentations with internal colleagues, as well as external experts and investigators.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
* Collaborating with Medical Affairs colleagues to develop and execute asset strategy and tactics with appropriate use of resources.
* Assist Director on behalf of the TA as an asset expert in both internal and external venues including the Medical Affairs sub-teams, and advisory boards / steering committees.
* Support Director, Medical Affairs in providing medical input into all aspects of product development and promotion across the entire asset lifecycle
* Provide high quality scientific/clinical input and review of disease strategy plans, abstracts, posters, slides, manuscripts, educational materials, webcasts; May be involved in review of medical content of promotional materials for accuracy as part of promotional review committee
* Track priority Medical Affairs tactics and performance to goals/budget.
* Develop data gap analysis, and key messages.
* Assist with scientific searches, data summaries
* Ensuring Field Medical Affairs content is consistent to Medical Affairs strategy
* Coordinates with sales management to provide training to sales staff as needed.
* Helps provide direction for medical information specialists
* May help with execution of evidence generation plans as applicable
* Develop investigator sponsored study strategy and review submitted grants
* Develop educational objectives and review medical education grant requests as needed
* Travel (approximately 20%).
* M.D. or PharmD from a recognized school of medicine or pharmacy, PMHNP, PhD, or PsyD
* 3+ years' experience in pharmaceutical industry Medical Affairs specifically
* Neuroscience experience, preferably in psychiatry preferred
* Pharmaceutical industry experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development (+ 6 years' experience) for neuroscience products would also be considered
* Launch experience preferred
* Motivated and solution oriented
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including experience presenting to large groups
* Experience creating and managing budgets
* Good knowledge of OPDP promotional regulations and pharmaceutical promotion standards
* Good knowledge of CDER/CBER regulations regarding evaluation and approval of pharmaceuticals
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External . Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.