|Visiting Lecturer of Education|
Company: Indiana University East
Location: Richmond, IN
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 01/21/2021
Expire Date: 03/21/2021
Job Categories: Education
Visiting Lecturer of Education|
Indiana University East, Richmond, IN, invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the School of Education, commencing August 1, 2021. Candidates for all full-time faculty positions should be “teacher scholars” demonstrating a commitment to the rigor of teacher preparation, exhibiting excellence in the classroom, and maintaining an active research agenda. Candidate qualifications and expertise will determine the scope and responsibilities of the position. The area of expertise is open. The School of Education is seeking a master teacher who embraces the complexity of teacher preparation in the 21st century. Online delivery of programs is an increasingly important aspect of IU East enrollment strategy and preference will be given to candidates with experience in online education. H-1B sponsorship is not available for this position.
Indiana University East’s School of Education offers Bachelor of Science degrees in both Elementary and Secondary Education, in addition to several Graduate Certificates, a Master’s of Science in Education program, the Transition to Teaching program, and a variety of Minors in related areas. Learn more about the School of Education.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Demonstrate knowledge of the complexities of teacher education.
• Teach courses in teacher preparation as appropriate to individual areas of qualification or expertise.
• Deliver high quality learning experiences in the classroom and online.
• Provide education through learner-centered instruction that will support students in becoming autonomous classroom teachers.
• Master's degree in Education is required, a terminal degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) is preferred.
• A minimum of three (3) years of licensed, full-time classroom teaching experience is required; experience in public schools is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement instruction which supports students in meeting educational outcomes.
• Dedication to working in a professional and collaborative team environment is essential.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching and student success is crucial.
• Evidence of an active program of research for tenure-track position.