|Research Projects Coordinator|
Company: Vanderbilt Health
Location: Nashville, TN
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/13/2021
Expire Date: 06/12/2021
Job Categories: Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Executive Management, Research & Development, Medical, Writing/Authoring
Research Projects Coordinator|
Research Projects Coordinator – VICTR
This is a full-time/exempt term position lasting six months to one year.
This is a term position in the Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (VICTR) department. In your pivotal role as a Research Projects Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing support for complex qualitative and quantitative research projects in health, public health, health policy, health services research or related disciplines under some guidance. Your activities include study coordination, literature searches, data collection, data analysis, and report preparation. You will help provide general support to departmental programs, projects and coordinates dissemination of information. This position integrates policy with research by assisting with monitoring and reviewing both the research and policy landscapes and providing support on course corrections for either or both, if/when necessary.
About the Department:
The Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (VICTR) is Vanderbilt’s virtual home for clinical and translational research. Supported by Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s Office of Research and the NIH-sponsored Clinical and Translational Service Award (CTSA), the mission of the institute is to transform the way ideas and research discoveries make their way from origin to patient care. VICTR functions to help researchers and clinicians do their jobs better by providing tools and support to improve the quality of research, publications, grant writing, and training for future doctors and researchers. For more information, please visit https://victr.vumc.org/.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
· Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
· named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
· One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
· The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
· Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
· 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
This is a term position. A Term position is a staff position that exists for a period longer than six months but is not expected to last beyond one year. Although a position may exist for a specified or indefinite period, staff who accept term positions are not guaranteed employment for the entire period; they are employed for indefinite periods within the limit of the appointment. There are no guarantees of continued employment, either within the term or when the term ends. This position may also have the opportunity to work remotely.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands: