Company: Azusa Pacific University
Location: Azusa, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/21/2020
Expire Date: 01/21/2021
Job Categories: Education
Procurement Specialist |
The Procurement Specialist is a key member of the office of Procurement and Contract Services and is eager to provide excellent service to the APU community for the procurement of goods and services. The initial focus will be on the development of a procurement model, implementation, training and maintenance of the university’s procurement policies and procedures under the direction of the Director of Procurement that support the mission and vision of APU. This position acts as the liaison between Accounts Payable, Procurement and Legal Counsel. This position works to ensure that vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations by delivering quality products or services on time. This position directly contributes to the efficiency, productivity and success of Azusa Pacific University.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a procurement department as a specialist or equivalent role.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Work with the Director of Procurement for review and editing of all procurement related policies and procedures.
- Main point of contact for all contracts at APU.
- Review purchase requisitions submitted by university departments for adherence to university policy.
- Collaborate with business systems support to identify procurement system upgrades, enhancements, and day-to-day operational improvements.
- Identify opportunities for system improvements and efficiencies.
- Work with the Office of General Counsel to route, review and approve contracts.
- Manage vendor agreements, including maintaining legal contract databases and reports.
- Create effective documentation and communication of potential issues to senior management as necessary and work towards timely and effective resolution of vendor issues.
- Partner with the Accounts Payable Manager to ensure successful vendor relations and prompt payments.
- Main point of contact for all vendor communications.
- Continual analysis of performance by all university vendors.
- Proactively engaging new vendors to determine if a potential partnership exists.
- Serve as a member of the university’s procurement council to effectively strategize the future of the university’s procurement model.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Superior communication, both written and verbal, interpersonal skills with all levels of internal and external audiences. Ability to write policy and procedures for internal use.
- Process improvement analysis a plus.
- Ability to perform cost analysis and market research.
- Ability to act as a liaison on behalf of the APU community internally and externally by building relationships for the success of the APU goals.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize, plan and organize assignments; completing tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to negotiate and collaborate with vendors at many different levels.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Energetic self-starter with initiative and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking and attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to work with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of budget, expenditure control and accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to translate observations, findings and recommendations into a concise written report.
- Ability to work with distractions, meet deadlines with initiative, calmness and flexibility.
- Ability to learn procedures and retain information.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Ability to lift, bend, grasp, reach, and lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Strong proficiency in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Concur strongly preferred.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.