|Institutional Giving Manager (virtual)|
Location: virtual, US
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/19/2020
Expire Date: 12/19/2020
Job Categories: Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Institutional Giving Manager (virtual)|
UltraViolet is hiring an Institutional Giving Manager (IGM) to support UVís fundraising plans for sustaining, growing, and deepening our relationships with funders and donors across our 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), and PAC. The IGM reports to the Development Director and is a member of the development team.
In 2012, UltraViolet was launched to harness the collective power of millions of people to advance women's equity through rapid-response digital organizing.
Since then, UltraViolet has been the premier national organization elevating all of the issues that impact women's lives across identity--from intimate partner and state violence to health care to economic policy--to a national audience. Our goal has been to expose sexism and rape culture by using rapid-response campaigns to create public accountability and advocate for solutions.
To do that, over the last eight years, we've built a sustained community of 1.2 million committed and engaged activists in every state and congressional district across the country, and ignited a new wave of feminist activism.
Moving ahead, UltraViolet will focus on building an intersectional feminist community online by creating compelling stories and offering ways to take action that center the voices and perspectives of women of color, Indigenous women, and LGBTQ people. It is these stories--from our members and our staff--that will drive demand for the kind of changes women need.
If fighting for a world beyond patriarchy--where people of all backgrounds and identities thrive with freedom and dignity--is your passion, UltraViolet is the organization for you!
Ultraviolet is an organization of women, Black, Indigenous, and people of color, and LGBTQ+ folks. Sexism disparately impacts us, and we strongly encourage people from these and other impacted communities to apply.
The UltraViolet Institutional Giving Manager is responsible for supporting the organizationís fundraising efforts, focusing on grant research, development, and execution, and including donor communications, prospecting, and record maintenance. Working closely with the Development Director and Executive Director, the IGM will manage the lifespan of UV's current and prospective grant portfolio.
If you have a passion for fundraising, strategic communications, and networking to support UltraVioletís mission of building a more just world beyond white supremacist patriarchy, you should apply for this role.
These are the required skills for this position:
- Three or more years fundraising experience, including demonstrated experience in persuasive grant writing and prospect research
- Proven experience managing full-cycle major grants portfolios
- Cultivation and stewardship of institutional funding opportunities
- Proven record of institutional gift acquisition and stewardship
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, especially in written materials and oral presentations, and deep experience writing grant proposals and researching prospective donors and foundations
- Deep commitment to UltraViolet's mission to dismantle the white supremacist patriarchy
We're hoping you'll bring one or two (or more) of these bonus skills:
- Experience with Salesforce CRM; fundraising platforms
- Deep experience writing persuasively with an intersectional feminist lens
- Proven experience managing ongoing and year-end institutional/individual giving programs
- Existing relationships across the progressive and gender justice communities, and experience working in intersectional feminist organizing and/or racial justice organizing
You will thrive in this role if you're someone who:
- Thrives while working remotely, since we are an all-remote organization
- Is comfortable juggling multiple tasks and can thrive in a fast-paced environment, independently and as a team
- Is able to be flexible and pivot seamlessly in a rapidly changing environment, while handling multiple complex, deadline-driven tasks and priorities
- Loves working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds in a low ego, collaborative environment
- Is an excellent storyteller and relationship builder, who loves to authentically and persuasively build relationships with funders and donors.
Perks of working for UltraViolet:
- Full health, dental, and vision for employees and generous coverage for your family
- Four to six weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) with a 5% employer contribution
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave, plus support for childcare for work-related events and travel
- A team with a top-notch GIF game and #pets and #joy slack channels that knows how to have fun while getting a lot done in a low-ego environment
The salary range for this position is $75,000-$90,000, plus a home office stipend based on the cost of living in your location.
UltraViolet is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. UltraViolet hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.