|INROADS and US Federal Govt Internship Opportunities|
Location: United States, US
Employment Type: Internship
Date Posted: 10/15/2020
Expire Date: 12/15/2020
Job Categories: Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing
INROADS and US Federal Govt Internship Opportunities|
NROADS is partnering with several agencies within the United States Federal Government for exciting paid internship opportunities in various cities!!! Apply today. (Fall 2020 and Spring/Summer 2021 Internships may be available)
Internship opportunities are available in the following areas
· IT/Computer Science/Management Information Sciences
· Software and Hardware Development
· Human Resources
· Accounting and Finance
· Economic Development and Consulting
· Full time enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program
· Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
o General - Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Business, Economics, Law, Political Science, Computer Science, MIS, and IT majors
o Bureau of Land Management (BLM) - Geology, Chemistry Archaeology, Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Physical and Natural Sciences (Interest in Sustainability, Environment Science, Research, Archaeology, Geology, Physical and Natural Sciences a plus)
· Grad year starting December 2021 - 2024 (Possible opportunities for Grad students, but not guaranteed.)
· Must be able to pass background and drug testing.
· At least 18 years of old
· US Citizenship is required. No VISA sponsorship available.
Most internships are located in Washington, DC Metro area. (Students must have housing commutable to DC Area)
For Bureau of Land Management there are opportunities for internships in other locations including Washington, DC, such as Phoenix, Arizona; Santa Fe, New Mexico; Springfield, Virginia; Boise, ID; Portland, OR; Sacramento, CA; Billings, MT; Salt Lake City, UT; Lakewood, CO; Reno, NV; Cheyenne, WY; Anchorage, AK
(Potential for virtual internships, but not confirmed yet)
Skills Requested for interns in each agency and department
· Review and update metrics and reporting deliverables in preparation for status meetings/communications.
· Create Executive Level presentations (timeline, agent quotes, status, etc.) to be used to highlight key deployment efforts.
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving and project leadership skills
· Excellent written presentation, verbal and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Entry-level Microsoft Office toolset skills (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· An interest in customer experience, telecommunication and employee experience
· Team player with a “can-do” attitude
· Strong organizational skills, follow through and demonstrated leadership
· Self-starter that uses creative problem solving skills to resolve issues
· Ability to communicate and connect with all levels of the organization
· Ability to use personal influence to build positive working relationships with subject matter experts
· Ability to “negotiate to a win-win” resolution for all parties
· Exceptional attention to detail and ability to progress multiple projects in parallel
How to apply for the position?
You MUST apply to INROADS BEFORE you can be considered. You can apply at https://inroads.org/internships/apply/
When completing your INROADS application, under "Career Interest" select "Government (You will still be considered for other non-government opportunities but government listed as your strongest interest.)
AFTER you have submitted your INROADS application. Please email your resume to Tanaisha Brisbon at firstname.lastname@example.org and Olivia Johnson at email@example.com for next steps. Resumes must comply with the INROADS Government resume template. Use Email Subject line – Federal Govt (Agency Name) Ex. Federal Gov’t (Department of Defense)
Contact Name: Patrice Johnson
INROADS is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that gives high-potential future executives from culturally, ethnically and economically diverse backgrounds a competitive advantage in their careers. We provide unparalleled networking opportunities with career-minded peers; year-round professional coaching and guidance from managers; and professional development. We also provide management training that includes career related, paid internships with some of America's top organizations.