Company: M/I Homes
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 09/30/2020
Expire Date: 11/30/2020
Job Categories: Engineering, Other
Job Description
Director of Land Development
Job Summary:

Assists land department in preliminary platting, preliminary engineering, development and budgeting of subdivision development. Manages project final engineering, platting, associated schedules, project bidding and construction.

Duties and Responsibilities:

-Conducts further, more intensive, environmental analysis of wetlands, streams, subsurface soils analysis i.e. water, rock, soft soils.
-Examines site plan development with respect to Topo, floodplain, utilities, storm water, sanitary sewer, storm drainage and water feasibility; Prepares preliminary project budget.
-Final engineering of subdivision, resolve utility, grading, storm water issue and shepherd government approval.
-Assist in final plat approvals and government approvals.
-Address construction issues relating to project bidding and construction and mange project supervisors in solving problems.
-Attend weekly meeting with engineer and update schedule of preliminary engineering, preliminary platting and address construction issues; Review budgets and costs.
-Manage invoice payment and applications.
-Manage the matrix process and updates for each project.
-Secure warranty compliance and final acceptance for all infrastructure installed while working in various municipalities.
-Manage NPDES program for the Land Department.
-Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
-Manage the Land Project Manager in his/her duties.
-Manage the turnover of finished land to Homebuilding.
-Address any issues involving the turnover of land to Homebuilding.

Qualifications & Requirements
Skills and Abilities:

Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of organization. Decisiveness and good judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills to act with authority and take approved risks in an environment with little direction from others. Working knowledge of triangle market and associated geographical locations.

Minimum Education Experience:

Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and 5 years' experience in land development or equivalent experience required.

Work Conditions:
Must be able to walk potential site before and during construction, attend evening meetings, extensive driving required.

M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.

We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Contact Information
Company Name: M/I Homes
Company Description:
M/I Homes has been building new homes of outstanding quality and superior design for more than 40 years. Founded in 1976 by Irving and Melvin Schottenstein, and guided by Irving’s drive to always “treat the customer right,” we’ve fulfilled the dreams of more than 100,000 homeowners, and grown to become one of the nation’s leading homebuilders.
Apply Now | Forward Job to a Friend | More Jobs From This Employer