|Clinical Administrative Assistant|
Company: Vanderbilt Health
Location: Nashville, TN
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/15/2020
Expire Date: 11/14/2020
Job Categories: Administrative and Support Services, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Purchasing, Research & Development, Medical, Writing/Authoring
Clinical Administrative Assistant|
Clinical Administrative Assistant – VICTR - CRC
This position includes front desk administrative work to include greeting research participants, check in/out for outpatients and inpatients, assist research teams with scheduling rooms and resources, ensuring correct billing in collaboration with VICTR finance team. Duties also include ordering, stocking, and inventory of supplies as well as serving as a liaison between vendors such as to ensure accurate billing and receipt of goods. This position may also occasionally assist nursing with vital signs, blood processing, blood draws, or transport upon specific training for a research study. This position offers a M-Thursday work week with 10-hour shifts from 9:30AM- 8:00 PM with no Holidays or weekends.
- Clerical/Administration is a skill which includes most clerical and administrative functions typically carried out by secretaries, administrators and others who perform a clerical role. Among the duties are: Ad Hoc Reporting, Calendar Maintenance, Data Entry, Document Duplication, Document Filing and Maintenance, Document Preparation, Employee Record Maintenance, Employee Time Recording, Faxing and Electronic Mailing, Inventory Management, Mail Sorting and Distribution, Meeting Coordination and Scheduling, Message Management, Receptionist Tasks, Special Projects, Spreadsheet Preparation, Travel Arrangements, and Word Processing and Typing.
CALENDAR MAINTENANCE (NOVICE):
- The ability to prioritize and maintain a calendar or calendars of scheduled meetings or events. Able to accurately change or update a calendar with no scheduling conflicts.
DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):
- The use of a computer system and software to store, manage and track electronic documents and electronic images of paper-based information captured through the use of a document scanner.
DATA VERIFICATION (NOVICE):
- The ability to verify data in an accurate manner.
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):
- Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts.
HUMAN RESOURCES POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):
- Knowledge, adherence and application of human resources policies and procedures.
About the Department:
The Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (VICTR) is Vanderbilt’s virtual home for clinical and translational research. Supported by Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s Office of Research and the NIH-sponsored Clinical and Translational Service Award (CTSA), the mission of the institute is to transform the way ideas and research discoveries make their way from origin to patient care. VICTR functions to help researchers and clinicians do their jobs better by providing tools and support to improve the quality of research, publications, grant writing, and training for future doctors and researchers. For more information, please visit https://victr.vumc.org/.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments.
High School Diploma or GED
2 years relevant experience