|Mid-Level Web Developer|
Company: Agency Mania Solutions
Location: Bellevue, WA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/12/2020
Expire Date: 10/12/2020
Job Categories: Computers, Software, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Web Technology
Mid-Level Web Developer|
As a Web Developer at Agency Mania Solutions, you will develop professional web applications that will be used by some of the largest advertisers in the US and the world. At AMS we write enterprise software tailored to client use-cases, instead of shoehorning client use-cases into off-the-shelf software. This results in our developers having considerable input on product decisions. From end-to-end of the project lifecycle, our devs work closely with both clients and internal product and infrastructure teams to deliver the exact solution our consulting team draws up. You will not be asked to churn out code to meet highly-specified tickets. You will be asked to take big-picture objectives and iterate on them as part of cross-functional teams to develop high quality web applications.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Improve product security, performance, and reliability.
- Write idiomatic PHP that adheres to modern design standards.
- Write client-side code/markup (particularly JQuery and boostrap css) that adheres to modern UI/UX design standards.
- Communicate in a clear and concise way, both with clients and coworkers as well as interpreters, compilers and the person maintaining the code in the future.
- Thrive within a remote workforce. All employees either work from home or a workspace rented close to their homes.
- Participate in a culture of constant improvement. This includes code reviews, mentoring more junior developers, and reading, recommending and discussing literature related to applied computer science.
- Collaborate with others on cross-functional teams.
- Track record in delivering value as a developer of PHP-based web applications.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related field or on-the-job education equivalent.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Intermediate HTML, CSS (Bootstrap) and JS (JQuery).
- Intermediate server-side scripting/coding (PHP 5.4 to 7.4).
- Intermediate understanding of web programming fundamentals; i.e. browser behavior, HTTP, basic networking/routing.
- Intermediate understanding of application architecture; i.e. client/server relationships, separation of presentation/logic/data concerns.
- Familiarity with any SQL dialect and relational database design (Caspio ORM, Postgresql).
- Familiarity with cloud-first application design a plus.
- Familiarity with VCS (git), automated testing and CI/CD (GitLab) a plus.
- Familiarity with other development tooling and methodologies like issue tracking, Kanban boards, the Agile Manifesto, Lean Software Development and DevOps Movement a plus.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, ability to influence stakeholders.
Company Name: Agency Mania Solutions
Agency Mania Solutions is a fully remote workforce. You will have the option to work from your home or at a rented workspace near your home. You will be required (post-pandemic) to travel to Bellevue, WA for meetings up to twice per month. Agency Mania Solutions embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. The more inclusive we are, the better we'll perform. Agency Mania Solutions provides automated solutions (SaaS based) along with consulting services designed to help brands fully leverage their agency relationships and realize significantly better marketing outcomes. At a time when brands have never been under more pressure to do more, more efficiently, we know the value and power of fully optimized agency relationships. Our clients’ marketing organizations become far more efficient—and far more effective. We work with some of the largest brand advertisers in the world.