|Senior Manager, Corporate Communications|
Company: Boots Retail USA, Inc. - a Walgreens Boots Alliance brand
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/07/2020
Expire Date: 09/07/2020
Job Categories: Human Resources
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications|
You’ll be responsible for setting and executing a corporate communications strategy to establish Global Brands both internally and externally in the US through relationships with national, beauty, trade/business and social media as well as influencers. Our brands – particularly No7 - will be the most talked about, with resultant coverage and increased levels of team member pride and advocacy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide senior, strategic communications counsel and support to the US leadership team to increase colleague engagement including, messages, presentations and content for events.
- Establish Global Brands externally in the US through relationships with national, beauty, trade/business and social media as well as influencers and speaking opportunities. Create and uphold good relations with key stakeholders to have a positive reputational impact.
- Support the business to develop strong partnerships with new and existing retailers.
- Manage and execute the internal communications program and channels, working closely with the international team to align messages.
- Raise the bar on awareness, visibility and reputation of our brands in national press beyond beauty media, leveraging the Global Brands narrative.
- Work in collaboration with local Marketing and brand managers adding local execution expertise to create long-term communications strategies that drive positive impact on brand performance.
- Set communications principles and creative guidance in line with strategy and market insights.
- Generate advocacy amongst colleagues based on global employee objectives and messages. Feed success and other stories including CSR into Global Brands and other channels e.g. WBA/Walgreens.
- Manage agency relationships.
- Set KPI measures and own local Media & Evaluation reporting.
- Over 7 years’ experience working in Senior internal/external Communications Management role - preferably in retail/CPG/beauty industry (although not essential).
- Excellent stakeholder management, influencer and networking skills, building strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Proven success in developing and executing strong corporate communications and employee communications strategies. Consumer brand PR experience preferable.
- Excellent Project Management skills
- A strategic thinker with experience of leading teams yet equally comfortable with implementation of the Comms strategy
- Self-motivated and comfortable working autonomously
- Experience of managing multiple agencies
Diversity and inclusion is at the center of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.