Company: COMMITTEE FOR A RESPONSIBLE FEDERAL BUDGET
Location: Washington, DC
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/30/2020
Expire Date: 08/30/2020
Job Categories: Government and Policy
The Project Associate/Manager will assist with developing, planning, tracking and contributing to a variety of Committee and FixUS projects. This role requires interaction with a range of teams, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously, and will interact with internal staff and external partners and VIPs. We are seeking organized, outgoing, multi-skilled and highly capable candidates who are able to manage this multi-faceted role.
This position will support the senior management teams—which include policy, legislative outreach, communications and engagement—on a variety of organizational priorities. The Project Associate/Manager will execute project goals and determine how success will be measured and tracked. This is a unique opportunity to work on a range of projects across the organization.
• Work with leadership to develop work plans; perform outreach to partners, board members and stakeholders; and oversee management of day to day project activities, including maintaining project timelines and deliverables
• Assist in event planning and logistical support for policy and legislative briefings, engagement outreach, and major events
• Provide assistance to the Communications and Engagement teams with the development of content for social media, virtual events, webinars and other in-person events
• Assist with fundraising research
• Assist the senior leadership team with meeting scheduling and administrative tasks
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. When applying, please write “Project Associate/Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Salary package and title commensurate with experience.
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive working environment. The Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status and other such factors in accordance with US state and federal laws.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Eager, outgoing, and willing to try new things
• Good listener and detail-oriented
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
• Bachelor’s degree required
Contact Name: Simone Frank
Company Name: COMMITTEE FOR A RESPONSIBLE FEDERAL BUDGET
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is a bipartisan, non-profit organization committed to educating the public about issues that have significant fiscal policy impact. The Committee is made up of some of the nation's leading budget experts including many of the past Chairmen and Directors of the Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, the Government Accountability Office, and the Federal Reserve Board. The Committee recently launched a program called FixUS. The FixUS program is based on the premise that our growing national divisions are putting our nation at risk by preventing us from dealing responsibly with a range of critical threats and challenges, and that sustainable policy solutions will remain elusive until the nation comes together to address the underlying root causes of hyper-partisanship and public distrust. The program runs numerous projects focused on research, convening stakeholders, and coalition engagement efforts intended to help better understand the root causes of division, bring attention to the issues, and to advance needed solutions over time.