|Electrical Engineering Manager|
Company: Beckman Coulter Diagnostics
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/28/2020
Expire Date: 08/28/2020
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Manufacturing and Production
Electrical Engineering Manager|
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics is a $3.5 Billion in vitro diagnostics operating company that is wholly owned by Danaher Corporation; Beckman Coulter Dx is committed to advancing care of every patient by delivering a comprehensive and industry leading portfolio of innovative IVD solutions in clinical chemistry, immune assays, and Hematology. The position of Manager of Electrical Engineering reports to the Systems Hardware Development Director of R&D in the Hematology Business Unit. The Manager of Electrical Engineering will be the leader of all electrical development activities for the Hematology Business unit and will be responsible for collaborating with the NPD program core teams and sustaining teams to ensure reliabile product designs.
The successful candidate will have Lean R&D knowledge and be able to leverage the Danaher Business System Innovation Tools to develop new and sustaining product development projects to meet rapidly evovling customer needs. Key elements of this role include strong knowledge of regulatory and compliance landscape for medical devices and how to achieve speed design in a regulated environment compliantly, talent and organizational development (particulary around design controls, complex systems, risk/hazard analysis, and reliability engineering). The position is in the primary R&D center in Miami, Florida.
• Provide technical leadership for hardware development projects from a electrical prospective (analog / digital circuits and FPGA)
• Oversees not only product developments but also line maintenance of launched products and their reliability improvements.
• Ensures robust/reliable product design, verification and validation of initial and subsequent design changes making sure that all FDA/ISO/EN and other related requirements are consistently met.
• Manage design execution of complex products using a strong systems mindset including hardware, software, fluidics, reagents, biologics
• Leads and develops people, drives their engagement and assures a constant organizational development.
• Hire, develop, and manage the Electrical Engineering Team ~6-8 associates
• Create and present technical reports on projects to peers and management.
• Creating test plans and Design of Experiments (DOE)
• Writing test reports, including summarizing results, drawing conclusions from test results and proposing recommendations
• Present technical reports on projects to peers and management.
• Provide daily leadership to direct reports and cross-functional team to deliver on product roadmap
• Oversee closure of all technical gaps throughout ideation and development life cycle
• Resolve resource conflicts, difficulties and issues within the program
• Bachelor degree with 14+ years experience OR Master/Doctoral Degree with 12+ years of experience AND related experience includes 4+ years managing people
• Evidence of technical leadership in EE (architectural / IC / design)
• Strengths in electro/mechanical/fluidic product development engineering
• Technical ability to understand architecture, system interactions and interfaces of a complex system (reagents, hardware, and software) to drive effective use of reliability engineering tools
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We believe you'll like what you see.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher Operating Company. As a $20B company with 60,000 associates, ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and, during the past 25 years, DHR stock has outperformed the S&P 500 Index by more than 2,000 percent. The strength of our results is a testament to our teams and the power of the Danaher Business System. Our Purpose: “Helping Realize Life’s Potential” is what makes us excited to come to work each day.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.