The Washington Center is pleased to announce that the Summer 2018 application for the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) HBCU/MI Internship Program is now available.
This 10-week summer internship program is designed for undergraduate and graduate students who attend a historically black college or university, a tribal college or university, or a minority-serving institution. Each intern will be mentored by an NRL principle investigator and will complete a cutting edge research project at the Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, D.C.
Summer 2018 Internship Details:
Applicants should be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents, be majoring in a STEM subject, and be interested in complex laboratory work.
- Application deadline: January 19, 2018
- Program dates: 10 weeks between Tuesday, May 29, and Friday, August 3, 2018.
- Undergraduate student stipend: $8,500
- Graduate student stipend: $10,900
- Transportation to and from D.C. will be provided up to $700 total
- Housing is provided to interns at a reduced rate, and stipends will be reduced for students using housing so that they do not have to pay for housing out of pocket.
Check out the full list of eligibility requirements, and then apply today.
Interested in learning more about this transformative experience? Contact us at NRL@twc.edu or 202-238-7734.
The Washington Center