NextEra Energy is looking for interested candidates to head their Manager Communication - Brand and Marketing position located in South Florida (Juno Beach). This person will report directly to the Direction of Communications, VP of Marketing & Communications and will be responsible for developing, implementing, managing and evaluating the success of integrated communications and marketing plans in support of a business unit or a significant part of the business unit.
Additional responsibilities include leading a team of marketing and communications professionals, coaching and directing their performance in accordance with the Marketing & Communication team’s high standards for excellence in client service. Manages the development, implementation and measurement of ROI-based communication and marketing plans. This role will work collaboratively and cross functionally to build and optimize digital marketing programs across SEM, SEO, display, mobile, social and email with a goal of driving customer acquisition/participation in key programs. Uses market research and other analytics to develop recommendations on how to improve customer satisfaction.
Develops, improves, standardizes and manages work processes to ensure consistent performance that meets client expectations, including cross- functional collaboration inside and outside Marketing & Communication. Ensures disciplined budget management. Leads client, project and management meetings with department heads and management peers inside and outside the business unit. Leads cross-functional teams, both peer- level and subordinate. May be called upon to lead special projects or initiatives outside the usual range of responsibilities.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- 7 or more years of relevant experience required; 3 or more years in a leadership role required; experience in three or more communication disciplines required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communication, Advertising, Journalism, etc.) required
- Expected to demonstrate expertise through writing and editing tests
- Must demonstrate expertise in the development and disciplined execution of strategic communication plans and using research and audience insight to develop key messages and tactics
- A talent for creative thinking and problem solving. A demonstrated track record in designing, delivering and managing scalable digital marketing campaigns that achieve customer lead generation, sales and/or retention goals
- Familiarity with CRM systems and marketing automation tools, such as Salesforce.com, IBM Marketing Cloud, Eloqua and Marketo
- Ability to perform market research & analytics; passion for crunching numbers and improving ROI
- Expertise in trade shows, direct marketing, media advertising, public relations, web, and/or product/information collateral
- Sound business and financial acumen
- Must demonstrate ability to build and lead high-performing teams as well as coach individuals to develop to their fullest potential
- Excellent writing, verbal, editing, presentation, and overall communication skills; extremely strong writing and editing skills
- Strong dedication to customer service; the ability to remain flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of internal clients and demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for their business
- Demonstrates the ability to develop as well as follow critical business processes to ensure quality and timely execution of initiatives
- Ability to multitask and maintain high performance under extreme pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
If you are interested in this position, you should contact Mrs. Nadine Green at Nadine.Guagliano@FPL.com. Include your resume.
NextEra Energy, Inc. is a leading clean energy company with consolidated revenues of approximately $17.5 billion and approximately 14,300 employees in 27 states and Canada as of year-end 2015, as well as approximately 45,000 megawatts of generating capacity, which includes megawatts associated with noncontrolling interests related to NextEra Energy Partners, LP (NYSE: NEP) as of April 2016. Headquartered in Juno Beach, Fla., NextEra Energy’s principal subsidiaries are Florida Power & Light Company, which serves more than 4.8 million customer accounts in Florida and is one of the largest rate-regulated electric utilities in the United States, and NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun. Through its subsidiaries, NextEra Energy generates clean, emissions-free electricity from eight commercial nuclear power units in Florida, New Hampshire, Iowa and Wisconsin. A Fortune 200 company and included in the S&P 100 index, NextEra Energy has been recognized often by third parties for its efforts in sustainability, corporate responsibility, ethics and compliance, and diversity, and has been ranked No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry in Fortune’s 2016 list of “World's Most Admired Companies.”