|Portland Public Schools is Hiring over 350 educators for the 2014-15 school year!|
Portland Public Schools (PPS) is the largest school district in Oregon, serving 47,000 students in 85 regular school buildings, as well as alternative schools and specialized programs for students with special needs. We are a diverse school district with over 94 languages spoken and 47% diversity within our student population.
If you believe every child deserves a great education, every child deserves a great teacher, and every teacher deserves to be inspired by a great leader then Portland Public Schools is the place for you!
Portland Public Schools is looking for qualified, experienced educators who are passionate about teaching and excited about making an impact in a student’s life. Experience working in a richly diverse school community/environment preferred.
As a teacher in the District you will enjoy:
- Paid Holidays
- $1500 in Professional Development Funds
- Collaborative work environment
- Teacher Mentor Opportunities
- 192 day work year (paid 10 or 12 months)
- Participation in Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s)
- Comprehensive benefits package (District pays 93% of health insurance costs) including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b), PERS retirement plan, sick leave, bereavement leave, and more!
- $1500 per school year added to salary for those that receive and retain National Board Certification.
- $1500 per school year added to salary for those with a doctorate degree in a field related to their assignment.
We will be at the HBCU & Black Greek Diversity Career Expo at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in downtown Atlanta on Thursday, June 5, 2014. Please stop by our booth if you are interested in learning more about educator job opportunities in Portland, OR.
Please feel free to contact Regina Stanton, Senior Recruitment Specialist at (503) 916-3818 or email@example.com with any questions.
To learn more about educator job opportunities and apply to open positions please visit our website at jobs.pps.net and complete the online “certified” application.