Duke is now accepting applications to hire an Analyst, IT for the CDSS Device Support. This position is part of the Office of Information Technology and reports to the senior manager of OIT's Centralized Device Services and Support group. This position exists to provide the highest quality of technical computing support services to the Duke Community; specializing in desktop/laptop/handheld device hardware/software support and server administration.
DUTIES & WORK PERFORMED:
- Provide all levels of desktop support for Windows XP/Windows7/Windows8 workstation and Mac OS X configurations.
- Provide backup for or assist in system administration for Windows 2008/2012 Server (including file system and Active Directory objects).
- Perform hardware and software installation, upgrades and configuration.
- Provide problem diagnosis and resolution for hardware and software problems as required, including troubleshooting general network connectivity (e.g., IP protocols and configuration).
- Recommend and implement: standard hardware and software configurations for desktops and servers, backup and restore capabilities, and operating procedures.
- Maintain documentation on supported systems and services.
- Provide consultation to users for hardware and software acquisitions, coordinate their implementation and provide appropriate budget projections as needed.
- Train users as needed, especially in the use of enterprise email and group scheduling systems. Other training is limited.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Visit hr.duke.edu/jobs to apply and to learn more about Duke University and Durham,NC.
When applying to any Duke University job please note that you found the opportunity on HBCU Connect.