Bonita Bennett is the publisher of Being Single Magazine and the author of two books, How To Catch & Keep The Man Of Your Dreams and The Coming Of Dawn. Read Bonita's Blog and her full commentary on Why Some Girls Have All The Luck...
Whenever they come, don't ever waste your time feeling sad because things didn't work out the way you hoped. Go in search for something to be thrilled about and bask in the discovery.
If you're still clinging to the shock of a disappointment, get over it! One should never cling to the past. It's like refusing to go past midnight, though the clock is steadily ticking. Remember this... Disappointments can sometimes be the open door to progress and opportunity far beyond anything you could imagine.
PEARLS...by Bonita Bennett
Are You Wasting Your Time?
- Work on a job you hate, and are doing nothing to find something better.
- Spend time worrying about things and people you can't do anything about.
- Hate or dislike someone. Hate energy is an evil consumer of your thought life.
- Have not forgiven someone. An unforgiving heart will hold up your blessings.
- Have a steady diet of TV. There is so much more out in the world to be discovered, explored and enjoyed.
- Are not sharing your knowledge or giving of what you have.
- Are not actively doing something that gives you distinct pleasure.
- Still feel guilt or shame about anything that happened in the past. What's done is done. Forget about it!
- Are judging others by your standards. You must learn to accept others as you wish to be accepted.
- Don't have a deep unbridled obvious appreciation for who you are and what you have to offer.
Keep in mind that time is too precious to waste on thoughts, things and people who fail to add to the quality of your moments, which tick away ever so quickly into the hours of your days. Your life is as you make it and how well you spend your time depends on how you feel about the hand that's been dealt you. Play it well.
Check out this week's Hot Topic on actress Gabrielle Union And Why She Isn't On Hollywood's A List at beingsinglemag.com
Also, don't forget to send to enter your business idea in The MillerCoors Business Competition at millercoorsmues.com