|Start your new career!
The Hartford has a great entry level opportunity with an extensive training program to help start your career!
The Hartford seeks Auto Physical Damage Claim Processor Trainees for the Phoenix, AZ office. This position is the first step in a career path for Auto Claim Adjusters.
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE: HIG) is a leading provider of insurance and wealth management services for millions of consumers and businesses worldwide. The Hartford is consistently recognized for its superior service, its sustainability efforts and as one of the world's most ethical companies. In 2011, The Hartford reported revenues of $21.9 billion. More information on the company and its financial performance is available at www.thehartford.com.
The Hartford believes people should live with financial confidence. The Hartford exists to provide the confidence and peace of mind that helps people achieve their financial goals. We enable this confidence though the breadth of our product portfolio and relationships and the depth of our knowledge.
The Hartford's biggest competitive advantage is our employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our core values and bring passion to their jobs. Our values are projected in the way we interact with customers and among our teams.
We are an innovative leader in the industry and have been recognized by:
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
- Ethisphere Institute as One of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" for five consecutive years
- GI Jobs as a 2012 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer
- Military Times Edge as a 2011 "Best for Vets" Employer
- Carbon Disclosure Project's Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index for The Hartford's approach to climate change disclosure for four consecutive years (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Newsweek Green Rankings - No. 12 on the list of U.S. Companies (2011)
- Phoenix Business Journal as a Best Place to Work (2011)
- The Chicago Tribune as a Top Workplace (2011)
- The San Antonio Express News as a Top Workplace (2011)
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a Top Workplace (2011)
- Indianapolis Star as a Top Workplace(2011)
- The Hartford Courant and FOXCT as a Top Workplace (2011)
- OKCBiz as a Best Place to Work (2011)
Our PDO (Physical Damage Only) Claims Processors provide service to policyholders in response to notice of auto physical damage loss. Service includes:
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Prompt contact, investigation of coverage and liability issues, determination of damages, disposition of claim and issuing appropriate payment.
- Proper interpretation of the insurance contract and accurate application of exposures of the claim to fulfill our contractual obligations to the policyholder. Investigation of exposures and /or perils to determine cause, scope, and extent of damages and/or determine liability, and possible subrogation potential. Evaluation of auto claims to determine the extent of exposure for purposes of setting reserves and making appropriate payment.
We are looking for claim professionals for our Phoenix, AZ based office who are ready to jump start their career in Auto Claims.
WHAT ARE THE COMPENSATION AND BENEFIT OPPORTUNITIES?
- A bachelors degree is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written a must.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- The ideal candidate should enjoy conflict resolution, negotiation and investigation tasks.
- Must have good organizational skills and have worked well in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in a customer service environment, with an emphasis in conflict resolution.
At the Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. Additional cash bonuses may be available based on your performance. We also have:
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
- Vacation buy and sell option
- 401K Program with matching company contribution
- Cash Balance Retirement plan - 100% employer paid! Vested after 3 years
- Medical & Dental Plans effective from date of hire - No probationary period!
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- Degree Development
- Employee and Dependent AD&D
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Stock Purchase
The Hartford's Western Claims Service Center is a fast paced organization that will offer you the opportunity to join a team of dedicated Claim Professionals. We value providing exceptional customer service and superior claim handling, while providing our employees with the opportunity for growth and advancement.