You are receiving this email through The Washington Center's partnership with HBCU Connect. TWC is excited to announce fall 2012 internship opportunities available through its Competitive Government Program! If interested, you should apply as soon as possible for paid positions with one of several federal agencies.
Selected students will intern for 15 weeks at offices within the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs, Environmental Protection Agency, or a similar agency. Positions may be available in Washington, D.C. and several regional locations. Participants will also take part in academic programming provided by TWC.
Many available positions call for candidates from the fields of business, human resources, computer science, mathematics, statistics, and engineering - so applications from students pursuing these majors are welcomed. Additionally, TWC encourages students from many diverse backgrounds to apply - including women, minorities and students with disabilities.
Accepted interns will receive significant financial assistance, including a stipend, fully-furnished housing, and a travel allowance. Students will not be responsible for housing, program, or application fees.
For more information on the Competitive Government Program please visit: www.twc.edu/competitive.
- be a U.S. citizen (unfortunately, legal resident-aliens are not eligible);
- be enrolled in or recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program with a GPA of 3.0 or above;
- obtain approval from their campus liaison and receive some form of credit, if attending through an affiliated institution (students from non-affiliates are not required to earn credit);
- be available for a fifteen-week period beginning on or around August 29, 2012 (specific start dates will be determined on an individual basis);
- demonstrate experience and/or a strong interest in working for the federal government.
How to Apply
To apply, submit an application at http://portal.e.twc.edu. The application is fairly straightforward - composed of an online form as well as a number of supplemental documents. When prompted, select option 2 for the Competitive Government Program. Please note: you must submit a transcript separately in order for your application to be complete.
There is no application fee for the Competitive Government Program. If you are asked to submit an application fee, you have selected an incorrect program option.
The Washington Center will be making referrals to partnering agencies as applications are received. Earlier application increases your chances of placement!
Reid Jackson May
Program Coordinator, Institutional Relations
Direct Number: (202) 238-7702
The Washington Center
for Internships and Academic Seminars
1333 16th Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20036