If you want to spend your career serving the public good, consider joining students from a wide variety of backgrounds to explore federal career opportunities through the Federal Diversity Internship Initiative at The Washington Center (TWC).
This highly selective program gives you first-hand insight into working for the federal government, provides valuable professional experience and helps you build connections with other students who are interested in public service.
Accepted students receive a full-time internship within one of several partnering federal agencies at one of their offices in D.C. or a regional location! Possible internship sites include:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Federal Aviation Administration
- National Credit Union Administration
- U.S. Department of the Treasury
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
In addition to the internship experience, selected students receive:
- An on-site mentor
- A twice-monthly stipend
- Unique professional development and career exploration opportunities
- Fully-furnished housing, if needed
- Roundtrip travel to and from your internship site city
If you’re interested, visit our website to learn more about application and eligibility requirements and apply by February 1, 2020 to be considered!