So you are looking to work for a company that not only will offer you a great career, but is a company aligned with the communities where it does business?
Walgreens just released their annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report which we would like to share with you, the HBCU audience. Why? Because we think it is important that you know a little bit more about the companies looking to hire you on HBCUCONNECT.COM.
Walgreens has been a partner since 2011, working hard to make sure that you consider their career and internship opportunities.
The report details many milestones Walgreens achieved in fiscal 2018 including:
Click here for the full report.
- Safely disposing of more than 410 tons (372 metric tons) of medication to address the opioid crisis in the U.S. as of August 31, 2018
- Helping provide life-changing vitamins to 160 million children and women in more than 74 countries
- Raising $71 million for Red Nose Day in the USA and £11.5 million ($18.6 million) as of August 31, 2018
- Reducing their carbon footprint by 9.6 percent in fiscal 2018, year-over-year
- Installing sustainable beauty displays in 2,244 stores
- Implementing a new chemicals management program to assess and restrict certain ingredients in products we sell
- Conducting more than 1,200 ethical compliance assessments on owned brand suppliers
- Walgreens earning 100 percent scores on the Disability Equality Index and the Corporate Equality Index on LGBTQ workplace equality
- Expanding the Walgreens REDI program to recruit people with disabilities to more than 220 stores
Get ready… Walgreens has a ton of great career opportunities coming on HBCUConnect.com!