Florida A&M University class of 2018
Dixie Somers Dixie Somers
Other College... class of 2004
Will Moss Will Moss
Hampton University class of 1995

Farrah Gray 16 year old "Reallionaire"

Farrah Gray 16 year old "Reallionaire"
Posted By: Ezra Johnson on July 23, 2008

" I believe the power of the African-American is strongly dependent on its unity. I often say that we as African-Americans are like snowflakes in the winter, as individuals our power can be insignificant, but when we fall together we can shut down city's."
Spoken by a self made "reallionaire" who earned his first million by the age of 16. Farrah Gray is a young African-American entreprenuer, venture capitalist, and self-made milllionaire who was raised in the projects of east chicago.
At the age of six years old he created his own blend of lotion by mixing the remains of near empty lotion bottles he found in his bathroom. He then renamed the product FG Enterprises and sold it door to door for $1.50, that earned him $9. "People tell me, 'Boy, you were born yesterday.' I always say, 'Yes, but I stayed up all night." Young Gray also started a club called Urban Neighborhood Economic Enterprise club in which he and his friends could learn about business and entrepreneurship. Shortly after forming UNEEC, Gray persuaded some local business people to lend the group money to invest. They made $15,000.

At the age of 13 he began his first company, FarrOut Foods, where he sold his grandmothers strawberry-vanilla maple syrup. After one year of owning the business he sold it for 1milion dollars, and thats how he earned his first million.
"I believe there is a recipe for success," Gray points out. "Comfort is the enemy of achievement," I was just familiar with struggle." With company funds he started the Farrah Gray foundation which supports community iniatives and provides seed money for youth entrepreneurial projects. Since then he's had other successful business ventures, including Kidzel calling cards (prepaid calling cards that allow children to phone home for free from anywhere in the world) with telecommunications giant WorldTel. Farrah Gray recently authored a book called "Reallionaire: Nine Steps to Becoming Rich From the Inside Out," he also is a motivational speaker and is payed anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 each appearance. Farrah Gray has been an inspiration to many young entreprenuers and is a good example of "pulling yourself up by the bootstraps." He is now a 23 year old billionaire and believes that his success is available to all that are willing to work for it.
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
Comments
Please Login To Post Comments...
Email:
Password:

This is the type of stuff I like to hear about, instead of negative portrayals/stereotypes of Blacks/African Americans.
Wednesday, September 3rd 2008 at 4:07AM
More From This Author
another wilberforce alumni
Wilberforce Alumni
Greek Life: Upholding Its Responsibilities
I AM A MAN!
I AM A MAN!
I am a Man
Latest News
Jackson State Alum and Longtime NBA Writer/TV Analyst Sekou Smith Dies of COVID-19

Jackson State Alum and Longtime NBA Writer/TV Analyst Sekou Smith Dies of COVID-19

Sekou Smith, who covered pro basketball for more than 20 including the past decade-plus at NBA TV, died today of Covid-19. He was 48. Sekou was a popular presence on the Turner Sports-managed NBA T ...more
Reggie Culpepper • 390 Views • January 27th, 2021
Show Me The TUBMANS: Move Over Andrew Jackson, Harriet Tubman is Coming to the $20 Bill

Show Me The TUBMANS: Move Over Andrew Jackson, Harriet Tubman is Coming to the $20 Bill

Do y’all remember back in 2016 when everyone was talking about abolitionist Harriet Tubman possibly replacing slave owner Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill? Well, it’s been about 5 years, BUT it looks li ...more
Kennedy Williams • 215 Views • January 26th, 2021
“Please Bring Back Hope 2 Jackson”: Deion Sanders’ Stolen Boombox Returned With Pleading Note From Fan

“Please Bring Back Hope 2 Jackson”: Deion Sanders’ Stolen Boombox Returned With Pleading Note From Fan

Deion Sanders is happy to finally have his boombox back after it was stolen earlier this week from his truck while parked outside of a hotel in Jackson. The Jackson State football coach took to social ...more
Kennedy Williams • 340 Views • January 26th, 2021
Meredith Corporation Names Diane L. Parker Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion

Meredith Corporation Names Diane L. Parker Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion

Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP) announced today that Diane L. Parker has been named Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion, effective January 28. Parker will lead Meredith's diversity and inclusio ...more
Loren Moss • 13 Views • January 26th, 2021
TSU to Host

TSU to Host "Building Opportunities for Business in Africa" Panel Discussions

HOUSTON, TX –January 25, 2021 – Texas Southern University’s Office of the Provost, in partnership with the Office of External Affairs and KTSU 90.9FM, will host “Building Opportunities for Business in ...more
Kennedy Williams • 265 Views • January 25th, 2021
Popular News
Louisiana Upholds Life Sentence to Black Man For Stealing Hedge Trimmers in 1997

Louisiana Upholds Life Sentence to Black Man For Stealing Hedge Trimmers in 1997

While this may not be HBCU related news, as an AFrican American male, I had to share this appalling decision by the Louisiana court system to keep a man in jail with a life sentence for such a petty c ...more
Will Moss • 372,311 Views • August 6th, 2020
Apple to Invest over $40 Million Dollars into HBCUs - Time to major in Computer Science!!!

Apple to Invest over $40 Million Dollars into HBCUs - Time to major in Computer Science!!!

On Tuesday Johnny C. Taylor, President and CEO of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund stopped by “NewsOne Now” to make a major announcement that could literally change the lives of thousands of HBCU st ...more
Will Moss • 111,233 Views • March 11th, 2015
Blonde Instagram Model Goes Viral for Graduating from HBCU and Pledging Delta Sigma Theta!

Blonde Instagram Model Goes Viral for Graduating from HBCU and Pledging Delta Sigma Theta!

A blonde woman is going viral this morning, for graduating from A Historically Black College while pledging a Black sorority, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated. @Blonde_HBCU The woman, an IG ...more
Will Moss • 83,619 Views • November 30th, 2020
Black Billionaire Robert F. Smith to  Donate $50 Million to Support STEM Students at HBCUs

Black Billionaire Robert F. Smith to Donate $50 Million to Support STEM Students at HBCUs

The Student Freedom Initiative announced today a $50 million personal gift from Robert F. Smith, philanthropist and Founder, Chairman and CEO of Vista Equity Partners. This gift matches the initial fu ...more
Will Moss • 63,749 Views • October 22nd, 2020
Kamala Harris Promises to Forgive Student Loan Debt for HBCU Graduates

Kamala Harris Promises to Forgive Student Loan Debt for HBCU Graduates

Harris promises to offer free tuition for low-income students at public and historically Black colleges Democratic VP candidate also pledges to forgive student-loan debt for HBCU graduates who earn ...more
Will Moss • 63,318 Views • September 10th, 2020
Please Give Us a Like on Facebook!