Reggie Culpepper Reggie Culpepper
Clark Atlanta University class of 1998
Temeka Wilson Temeka Wilson
class of
Nicole Rankine Nicole Rankine
University of Georgia class of 2000

Black America Since MLK: And Still I Rise | Premieres November 15 & 22 on PBS

Posted By: Reggie Culpepper on November 04, 2016

Join Henry Louis Gates, Jr. as he looks at the last 50 years of African-American history — from Dr. King to President Obama, from James Brown to Beyoncé — charting the remarkable progress made and raising hard questions about the obstacles that remain in Black America Since MLK: And Still I Rise. Watch the Mini-Series Event Tuesday November 15 & 22 at 8/7c only on PBS.

Click to learn more.Advertisement

If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!

Black America Since MLK: And Still I Rise | Premieres November 15 & 22 on PBS

Comments
Please Login To Post Comments...
Email:
Password:

Harry Watley
const. contractor/ retired at self
Mr. Culpepper,

Stop fooling yourself! Black Americans and White Americans are racially two different people. This country of the US A totally and completely belongs to White American people. I know this for a fact since all 56 of the signatures to the declaration of independence were White Americans. I know as well that the declaration of independence is equivalent to a deed and title a home or land.

My point is that Black Americans can never rise in White America’s country. Black Americans can only rise in our own country. I cannot rise in another man’s mansion. I can only rise in my own mansion.
I don’t think what I said is so difficult that you can’t understand it! So again, stop pulling yourself and think analytically and rationally. Black Americans are the most ignorant people in this country.

Wednesday, November 16th 2016 at 7:30AM
E. James Willrich
Analyst at Unemployed
Harry, I disagree. Blacks can and have risen. The examples are too numerous to list here. Remember Jesse Jackson saying, "Your attitude determines your altitude!" Stop spending all your money trying to be accepted and save some for your own empowerment. Stop waiting for someone to accept you and accept yourself. A young white toddler called me a "Neegah" recently at a restaurant in Texas. I didn't get mad. It actually sounded kind of cute the way he said it. Being called uneducated and broke is much more insulting to me than a mere word. Since I am neither one of those things, "Neegah" didn't bother me. Now, on the other hand, my siblings who are not as calm and cool as I am, would have used the opportunity as a teaching opportunity for both the child and his parents, where the police would have been promptly called and someone would have ended up being tased. LOL Seriously, I hope my siblings would have adhered to their home training and not make a scene (but I doubt it).
Tuesday, January 10th 2017 at 4:54PM

Psychic KALIMALI +27789571548 is a renowned #Traditional #Healer in #Johannesburg #psychic/spiritual healer who has helped people from all over the world from different race and nationality. Are you feeling that everything is difficult for you or things are not going right for you in your life such as marriage, family, and love? Did you want to get rid of the #Black magic or curses? Did you want to get back to your ex-partner or want to be with someone that you love? kalimali is here to help you find a lifelong partner or career. With my thirty five years of experience I can find solutions of your problems that creating needles worry and stress. Best Love Spells: Magical Ways to Influence Relationships & Love Please don't hesitate to discover a amazing world and find out where your future is going and help you secure your property, family, love life. Lost Love Marriage Spells to Stop Divorce, Love Binding Spells. How do you influence love? On the surface, it seems impossible. How do you even fathom the most elusive, complex, confounding, wonderful, addictive, fulfilling forces of both creation and destruction in the world?
Monday, September 27th 2021 at 11:32AM
More From This Author
Know Your Value and Get Paid: Learn how to secure the bag with Salary Negotiation Strategies that work!
Focus Group Participants Wanted For Input Into An Upcoming HBCU CONNECT Mobile App!
Industrial Engineer Kemi Believes in Herself - and Optimizes Capital at Intel
Spelman College's Marian Wright Edelman to be honored during dedication of the Pathway of Justice walkway in Ohio
Register now for the virtual Nursing Diversity Fair 2021! Reserve your space now!
Career Mastered Magazine Announces HBCUs "I AM HER" Queens Special Edition Publication
Latest Videos
Voorhees College Virtual Chapel

Voorhees College Virtual Chapel

Check out this video from Voorhees College in Denmark, South Carolina! Please join the Voorhees Family for Virtual Chapel ...more
HBCU CONNECT • 2 Views • October 19th, 2021
VUU Homecoming 2021 3

VUU Homecoming 2021 3

Check out this video from Virginia Union University in Richmond, Virginia! ...more
HBCU CONNECT • 2 Views • October 19th, 2021
2021 Miss Shaw University Coronation

2021 Miss Shaw University Coronation

Check out this video from Shaw University in Raleigh, North Carolina! Winter Wonderland: 2021 Miss Shaw University Coronation. We don't own the rights to music. ...more
HBCU CONNECT • 16 Views • October 18th, 2021
Press Conference

Press Conference

Check out this video from Grambling State University in Grambling, Louisiana! Press Conference ...more
HBCU CONNECT • 9 Views • October 18th, 2021
Morgan State University President David K. Wilson Talks Standardized Tests on ESPN

Morgan State University President David K. Wilson Talks Standardized Tests on ESPN

Check out this video from Morgan State University in Baltimore, Maryland! MSU President David Wilson appears on ESPN's SportsCenter to discuss recommendation to remove standardized test recom ...more
HBCU CONNECT • 11 Views • October 18th, 2021
Popular Videos
Oprah's Secret

Oprah's Secret

This is where Oprah talks about the secret, its impact to one's life, and how she got the role in the Color Purple. ...more
Rubi Moss • 40,984 Views • July 5th, 2008
HBCUConnect and Carol's Daughter team up to bring you an exciting video and an exclusive giveaway!

HBCUConnect and Carol's Daughter team up to bring you an exciting video and an exclusive giveaway!

Listen as Lisa Price, founder of Carol's Daughter, talks about how she started out the business and click here to enter our giveaway: http://www.carolsdaughter.com/hbcuconnect ...more
Reggie Culpepper • 34,880 Views • May 15th, 2014
Classic Hampton University Drum Line Battle... Gotta Love it!

Classic Hampton University Drum Line Battle... Gotta Love it!

Brings me back to those days when I used to be on the drum line at HU (the real HU, Hampton University). Shout out to sticky situation. Yo, at any rate, check out this video, the dudes are puttin it ...more
Will Moss • 31,945 Views • December 14th, 2008
Adam McFadden saved my life

Adam McFadden saved my life

Adam McFadden saved my life Learn more at http://www.hbcu.bethematch.org ...more
Devon Marshall • 29,111 Views • November 6th, 2009
TIFFANY PATTON & HBCU CONNECT COVERS NORMAN BROWN @ THE BEAUTIFUL CHENE PARK IN DETROIT

TIFFANY PATTON & HBCU CONNECT COVERS NORMAN BROWN @ THE BEAUTIFUL CHENE PARK IN DETROIT

IF YOU ARE A LOVER OF JAZZ, THEN YOU CERTAINLY DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS SHOW! SUMMER STORM FEATURING NORMAN BROWN I ALSO WILL HAVE MORE TO COME FROM THE VERY TALENTED RICHARD ELLIOTT UP NEXT. I ...more
Elynor Moss • 28,646 Views • July 8th, 2011
Please Give Us a Like on Facebook!