Nouman Ali Nouman Ali
class of 2012
Hannah Whittenly Hannah Whittenly
Cal St Univ, Sacramento class of 2010
Simone Vanderpool Simone Vanderpool
class of
Elynor Moss Elynor Moss
North Carolina Central University class of 2003

We Salute our HBCUConnect.com Intern - Ms. Jabria Earl representing Wilberforce University! Go Girl!

We Salute our HBCUConnect.com Intern - Ms. Jabria Earl representing Wilberforce University! Go Girl!
Posted By: Elynor Moss on September 23, 2011

HBCUConnect.com had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Jabria Earl at the Wilberforce University Career Fair. She had such a dynamic presence and a pleasant disposition. We knew we had to make her apart of our team. Over the summer Jabria worked on producing website and magazine content. You can expect to see her work in the Fall 2011 HBCUConnect.com 'On Campus magazine that is due to hit your HBCU campus in a couple of weeks!

Jabria, thank you for your hard work and dedication. We Salute You!

Get to know Ms. Jabria Earl by reading one of her essays that shares the reason why she chose Mass Communications as her Major:

Success in Mass Media Communications

Choosing my major for college was very tricky for me. I felt as though I was skilled in so many areas, yet which one would keep my attention? I initially chose to study psychology because I like the way the brain works, and love helping people. Yet my passion could not be contained no matter how much Freud I studied. I will discuss in this essay why I chose Mass Media Communications, how it has affected me, and what makes me think I can be successful in this field.

I chose Communications because I am able to be me. I am able to let my wings spread and depict my views and opinions as I see them. I always wanted to be in a position where people can hear me and see how great I can be. It also offered me an opportunity to practice my literary skills to the maximum potential.

In the industry of television and radio diction, pronunciation, and a well structured vocabulary is a must, and I attain all of those qualities.

Though it is a major of many opportunities, I have singled my choice down to television. Studying the lifestyle of television it has made me more competitive. Reading more, writing stronger and more elaborate essays, and changing from being the best I can be to the best. I feel as though this major puts the fire under my feet and keeps me realizing that the more you snooze you loose. I have also become more sociable and asking more questions to sharpen my skill in detail and listening.

I think I can be successful in this field because I am not a quitter. I have a positive outlook on life which offers me support to keep trying even when I fail. When I was 13 I made the decision to begin writing and study the arts of writing, which led me to become a published poet. At 13 I accomplished something that people would never expect, at 21 I am only going to be enhanced. I believe that my passion for television is so strong; I would do almost anything to get to the top.

In conclusion, my life in television goes far beyond just a major. It becomes a lifestyle, something that I eat, breath, and live. I love a challenge; I love to make the people who are fixed on saying no say yes. I am going to make a name for myself so I can leave a strong impression on my little brothers and sisters and show them that anything really is possible.

Connect with Jabria Earl by visiting her page: http://hbcuconnect.com/members/1623194/jab...

See You At The Top!

If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
Comments
Please Login To Post Comments...
Email:
Password:

More From This Author
#FAMUConnect: Who do you know from FAMU? We introduce you to Mr. Shaun Watson
#HBCUEmployment: Opportunities are available! Seek a new career here...
Connect with the HBCUConnect representatives for help attaining a career in Healthcare, Education, and Technology
Careers for professional talented workers: applicants invited to apply to the following new employers
Working on attaining a new career requires options. Research the jobs on this list to see if you want to apply!
Employment benefits...is that what a priority when selecting what company you apply to?
Latest News
Oakwood University Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month

Oakwood University Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month

Latino and Hispanic students at Oakwood University gathered to celebrate the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month on Sabbath, September 12, at the Unity Pond Amphitheatre and Pavilion. The socially-di ...more
Reggie Culpepper • 159 Views • September 17th, 2020
Morehouse College to Host Human Rights Film Festival Screenings, Workshops Online Starting Sept. 24

Morehouse College to Host Human Rights Film Festival Screenings, Workshops Online Starting Sept. 24

By D. Aileen Dodd Morehouse College will shine its social justice spotlight on filmmakers who use their artistry to promote activism at the second annual Human Rights Film Festival, which will be h ...more
Reggie Culpepper • 158 Views • September 17th, 2020
 IBM plans $100M investment in HBCU computing program

IBM plans $100M investment in HBCU computing program

By Hallie Busta IBM announced Thursday that it will invest $100 million in programming, credentials and training at more than a dozen historically Black colleges and universities to improve divers ...more
Will Moss • 2,057 Views • September 17th, 2020
Apple $40 Million Dollar HBCU Scholarship Program Now Accepting Applications!

Apple $40 Million Dollar HBCU Scholarship Program Now Accepting Applications!

The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) in partnership with Apple is proud to present the Apple HBCU Scholars Program to outstanding students attending a Historically Black College or University. El ...more
Will Moss • 3,451 Views • September 17th, 2020
HBCU Graduate Lands Dr. Degree - Cries Seeing Diploma for The First Time After Turning His Life Around

HBCU Graduate Lands Dr. Degree - Cries Seeing Diploma for The First Time After Turning His Life Around

Dr. Tommie Mabry was told he'd end up in jail or dead while growing up in Jackson, Mississippi. Instead, he turned his life around and is now a motivational speaker. ...more
Will Moss • 744 Views • September 16th, 2020
Popular News
Louisiana Upholds Life Sentence to Black Man For Stealing Hedge Trimmers in 1997

Louisiana Upholds Life Sentence to Black Man For Stealing Hedge Trimmers in 1997

While this may not be HBCU related news, as an AFrican American male, I had to share this appalling decision by the Louisiana court system to keep a man in jail with a life sentence for such a petty c ...more
Will Moss • 348,817 Views • August 6th, 2020
Apple to Invest over $40 Million Dollars into HBCUs - Time to major in Computer Science!!!

Apple to Invest over $40 Million Dollars into HBCUs - Time to major in Computer Science!!!

On Tuesday Johnny C. Taylor, President and CEO of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund stopped by “NewsOne Now” to make a major announcement that could literally change the lives of thousands of HBCU st ...more
Will Moss • 109,374 Views • March 11th, 2015
Kamala Harris Promises to Forgive Student Loan Debt for HBCU Graduates

Kamala Harris Promises to Forgive Student Loan Debt for HBCU Graduates

Harris promises to offer free tuition for low-income students at public and historically Black colleges Democratic VP candidate also pledges to forgive student-loan debt for HBCU graduates who earn ...more
Will Moss • 56,657 Views • September 10th, 2020
JPMorgan Chase now accepting applications for summer internships 2020 and full-time employment

JPMorgan Chase now accepting applications for summer internships 2020 and full-time employment

JPMorgan Chase has a couple of opportunities that we wanted to share with you for those students who are looking for an internshipthis summer or for those who have recently graduated and are currently ...more
Reggie Culpepper • 45,447 Views • December 30th, 2019
Merck Leadership Development Program for Graduating Seniors - Deadline Friday!

Merck Leadership Development Program for Graduating Seniors - Deadline Friday!

HBCUConnect.com founder Will Moss announced a new partnership between Merck, a global biopharmaceutical company known as MSD outside of the United States and Canada, and HBCUConnect.com, the largest s ...more
Will Moss • 44,385 Views • June 15th, 2016
Please Give Us a Like on Facebook!