|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Vice President-Chief Medical Officer|
Company: Indiana University Health
Location: Bloomington, IN
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/16/2021
Expire Date: 10/16/2021
Job Categories: Healthcare, Other, Executive Management
Vice President-Chief Medical Officer|
Collaborates with the South Central Region (SCR) Senior Leadership Team and facilitate the development and implementation of plans, systems, processes and personnel designed to ensure that the mission and core values are put into practice to attain the strategic vision to include strengthening areas in need of improvement to ensure performance goal or strategic goal attainment. Responsible for fostering a mutually beneficial relationship between the Medical staff and IUH SCR Leadership. Uses strong analysis and relationship building skills. Advocates to members of the community, continually seeks ways to improve and promotes the public relations objectives of IUH SCR and marketing IUH SCR services. Acts as a member of the senior executive team of the SouthCentral Region, the incumbent participates in strategic planning processes to establish and attain system goals. Ensure that all policies, procedures and outcomes of assigned areas ensure quality patient care, effective medical staff relations, fiscal responsibility, excellent people and excellent service. Reports directly to and supports the President - IU Health South Central Region. This position reports to the President of South Central Region with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Chief Medical Executive.
• Prefers experience in both inpatient and ambulatory care setting.
• Prefers strong clinical IT background and ability to advance user experience. M.D. degree with current licensure to practice medicine in the State of Indiana required.
• Board certification in medical specialty required.
• Requires superior people management and leadership competencies with proven problem resolution and facilitation skills.
• Requires the ability to be a member of the IU Health Physician and Clinical Services Leadership team with the ability
• desire and proven results to assume additional responsibility beyond the CMO position.
• Requires the ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed and relationship-driven culture.
• Requires the ability to provide leadership guidance to Medical Staff to items such as change management programs, employee engagement programs and organizational assessment.
• Requires the ability to embrace the mission, vision, and values of IU Health including its strong commitment to diversity.
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. Our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine gives our team members access to the very latest science and the very best training, advancing care for all. We’re looking for team members who share the things that matter most to us. People who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day. People who are always ready to apply themselves.