|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Supv Medical Support Assistant - CBOC|
Company: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Location: Aiken, SC
Employment Type: Full-Time
Date Posted: 09/27/2020
Expire Date: 10/30/2020
Job Categories: Customer Service and Call Center, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Research & Development, Medical
Supv Medical Support Assistant - CBOC|
United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
English language proficiency. MSAs must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Chapter 3, Section A, paragraph 3.j.
Experience/ Education1) Experience. Six months experience of clerical, office, or other work that indicates the ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position; OR(2) Education. One year above high school; OR(3) Experience/Education Combination. Equivalent combination of experience and education are qualifying for entry level for which both education and experience are acceptable. Certification. None required. Grade Determinations: GS-8 Supervisory MSA
(a) Experience. One year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level GS-07.
(b) Assignment. Supervisory MSAs at this level plan and direct programs at medical centers and/or satellite outpatient clinics and have full supervisory responsibility for supervising at least one subordinate team leader or supervisor. Assignments at this level include, but are not limited to: evaluating the work of subordinate staff; resolving complex problems to ensure patient services are met; evaluating new products, equipment, and systems to make recommendations for improved operations; identifying educational or training needs; making final decisions on hiring selections; evaluating performance, and taking disciplinary action when necessary. The employee has administrative and professional responsibility for planning and directing the subordinate lead, supervisor, and MSA's activities. Responsible for extracting and analyzing data to provide reports to senior management in support of tracking measures. For all assignments above the full performance level, the higher-level duties must consist of significant scope, administrative independence, complexity (difficulty) and range of variety as described in this standard at the specified grade level. Experience in managing a health clinic while working independently to accomplish a wide variety of duties including setting priorities and coordinating work; experience applying policies and procedures associated with patient flow and patient care; experience showing the ability to identify customer's concerns, perform tasks required and resolve issues accurately and timely, following up as necessary to ensure a satisfactory resolution; experience preparing reports in various formats and presenting data to various organizational levels.
(c) Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
Candidates must demonstrate the KSAs below:
1. Ability to provide the full range of administrative and supervisory duties which includes assignment of work, performance evaluations, selection of staff, and recommendation of awards and/or advancements;
2. Ability to collaborate, communicate and demonstrate customer service and interpersonal skills with all healthcare professionals to ensure quality/continuity of care and ensure compliance with established policies and regulations;
3. Ability to provide briefings, orientations, staff development and training;
4. Ability to manage fiscal matters, forecast resource and equipment needs, and identify budget needs.
5. Advanced knowledge of managing or leading patient support staff in a clinic. (This includes independently utilizing reference sources, decision making, and empowering the team to collaborate and resolve problems within a complex system environment). Preferred Experience: Experience managing the work of a service/department, using data to drive performance, outpatient scheduling, patient eligibility for VA medical care with VA policies and procedures, supervisory experience and experience monitoring and/or auditing medical documentation References: VA Handbook 5005/117, Part II, Appendix G45. Medical Support Assistant Qualification Standard GS-0679, August 1, 2019. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-8. Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary; however, some walking, standing, bending, stooping and carrying of small items such as files may be required.