Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
IF U READ SISTER SOULJAH CODEST WINTER EVER U HAVE NO.... Posted on 04-04-2006
giniacuty_757

IDEA OF WHATS COMING NEXT AFTER THE BOOK ITS GOING TO BE A SEQUEL NOT ONLY THAT A MOVIE I loove that Book but i rather see OMAR TYREES FLY GIRL suppose to coming out as a movie cant wait but we will see A MOVIE SO IF U ARE A FAN OF THE BOOK WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD PLAY THE CHARACTERS MYNE ARE WINTER: AShanti MOTHER: JAYDA Pinkett she is the only woman I know that can look good wearing a low cut/blad head Santiaga i dont know Midnight Im thinking Mekhi Phifer but Im not sure if u got any feedback let me kno aight Im like ANsty NAs on illmatic Track 9 I represent represent Va all day!!
  [Reply]
Page 3 of 3 First  < 123
OohSheNIICE replied on 06-09-2008 04:42PM [Reply]
Lauren London for Winter = Hell no. I'm sorry. Beautiful girl but she cannot act. The movie would be completely dramatic and she couldn't even pull "New New" off. Sister Souljah has actually said that she doesn't want any known actors for the roles. She wants completely new people. But let's face it, the movie will never come out. At least no time soon. They have been talking about a movie since 2001. I actually heard about the movie before the book. The sequel to the book will be coming out October 14. It is titled "Midnight: A Gangster Love Story" I've preorder my copy already.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-09-2008 09:00PM [Reply]
OohSheNIICE wrote:
... But let's face it, the movie will never come out. At least no time soon. They have been talking about a movie since 2001. I actually heard about the movie before the book...
Wow. How you hear about a movie based on a book--before you actually hear about the damn book...that's on some next ish :x
OohSheNIICE wrote:
... The sequel to the book will be coming out October 14. It is titled "Midnight: A Gangster Love Story" I've preorder my copy already.
It's about dayum time. Let me go and get a hold of that right quick.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
C Nels replied on 06-11-2008 11:26AM [Reply]
OohSheNIICE wrote:
The sequel to the book will be coming out October 14. It is titled "Midnight: A Gangster Love Story" I've preorder my copy already.
I'm not gonna preorder but I'll be gettin a copy of this!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
C Nels replied on 06-11-2008 12:14PM [Reply]
From Wiki... According to the May 2008 issue of Vibe Magazine, Jada Pinkett Smith is developing a film based on the book and will serve as its executive producer. Smith and Souljah have been trying to bring the novel to the screen since 2005. At one time, they had a deal with HBO Pictures, but it fell through. According to Souljah’s Web site, the rights of the novel are still available for purchase—with Smith’s stipulation.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
giniacuty_757 replied on 08-15-2008 12:54AM [Reply]
Heey yaal it feels good to be back on the connect and to see all the idea and to some of yall Im like OH NOO Kee-Kee Palmer and Mekhi Phifer?? hmm that's a little strerch not to mention a littl strange to me.. But to each its own Winter: Lauren London is a good look only if she could pull off a Brooklyn girl attitude and had that Winter Swag I mean she is beautiful but she is too LAA she West Coast all the way even in ATL she had a WEst Coast flav... Im saying Ashanti could do it with right make-up but Ashanti isnt a good actress....lil mama could do it now I think about it she is beautiful and she has that hardcore swag!! Midnight: Mehki Phifer..Wood Harris...or a really talented black dude form the Juliard Theater Department Winter's dad could be played by LAZ!!!! oh yess or the dad from FEel the noise from Esteban from FRESH Her mother has to have a short cut hair close to bald hwo looks good bald or short short hair?? I still dont know Jada would but Jada is gettin crows feet and stuff Who knows but Im waiting for the movie and far as the book oh yes Im going to Amazon right now thanks !
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
teebaby09 replied on 01-09-2009 02:54AM [Reply]
Santiaga-Terrence Howard.straight up Lauren would probably be the best pick as Winter unless they find some new talent. I think someone new talent would fit either Bullet or Midnight too.And Jada would be a strong role as the mom because she can play about any role. I'm late on this.lol.I wish they would make a movie though=/
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
sweet_honeybu from Riverside, CA replied on 01-11-2009 04:07PM [Reply]

Akon-midnight... with the right attitude and swag he may be **** winter-not sure yet i dont think terence howard can pull off santiaga tho... ill have to think about who i think would be best I have the midnight book but have not had time to read it, has anyone else read it? if so, how did you like it?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
C Nels replied on 01-12-2009 09:09AM [Reply]
sweet_honeybu wrote:
Akon-midnight... with the right attitude and swag he may be **** winter-not sure yet i dont think terence howard can pull off santiaga tho... ill have to think about who i think would be best I have the midnight book but have not had time to read it, has anyone else read it? if so, how did you like it?
Akon? Hmmm, that might could work. I just saw Step Up 2: The Streets this weekend. I think the dude who played "Tuck" could pull it off. A few people in here have read it with mixed reviews. Check some of the other threads. I think there's a review in "What are you reading?"
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 3 of 3 First  < 123
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!