Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
IF U READ SISTER SOULJAH CODEST WINTER EVER U HAVE NO.... Posted on 04-04-2006
giniacuty_757

IDEA OF WHATS COMING NEXT AFTER THE BOOK ITS GOING TO BE A SEQUEL NOT ONLY THAT A MOVIE I loove that Book but i rather see OMAR TYREES FLY GIRL suppose to coming out as a movie cant wait but we will see A MOVIE SO IF U ARE A FAN OF THE BOOK WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD PLAY THE CHARACTERS MYNE ARE WINTER: AShanti MOTHER: JAYDA Pinkett she is the only woman I know that can look good wearing a low cut/blad head Santiaga i dont know Midnight Im thinking Mekhi Phifer but Im not sure if u got any feedback let me kno aight Im like ANsty NAs on illmatic Track 9 I represent represent Va all day!!
  [Reply]
Page 2 of 3 First  < 123  >  Last
C Nels replied on 03-05-2008 01:12PM [Reply]
Yeah they are but I don't like to encourage Hollywood's "reaching" so I'd rather keep it close. lol Besides, you see what it did for Nick Cannon's career. He's about 70 and still fightin for a spot on the drumline! I don't think I could see him in a serious role. I thought about Tyrese playing the part but it's like we're typecasting him as a **** so I chose somebody else. Midnight may be an intellectual **** but he's still a **** nonetheless.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
TSUblueTiger replied on 03-05-2008 01:22PM [Reply]
Jurnee Smollett as Winter and Columbus Short as Midnight!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
C Nels replied on 03-05-2008 01:24PM [Reply]
Columbus Short ain't dark! "Darkness" is a prerequisite to be called Midnight...CS would be more like "Quarter to Six" or somethin
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 03-05-2008 01:44PM [Reply]
haha. i agree...
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Phylicia215 replied on 03-05-2008 04:05PM [Reply]
This is really coming out?? If so I cannot wait.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
C Nels replied on 03-05-2008 04:10PM [Reply]
In the edition that I just read, not sure when it was put out, but she said there will be a movie, just didn't say when. Hmmmm? :thinking2: Lemme check IMDB...nope, no CWE listed in any type of production.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Phylicia215 replied on 03-05-2008 05:21PM [Reply]
Aww my hopes are up...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
t2dakwont replied on 03-05-2008 10:56PM [Reply]
C_Nels wrote:
Keke and Mekhi? Ehhh, I know it's just a movie but 14 and 32 is a big gap! Winter was 17 and Midnight was like 26 right?
I mean yeah yeah they far in age but i mean Keke has that **** that Winter had. I could see her bringing that role to life and Mekhi is just...a magnificent black actor!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Lt.SkndHoney_01 from sacramento, CA replied on 03-15-2008 05:24PM [Reply]

Hey I just posted that this is one of mty favorite books, and then right afterwards I found this post, I was very exicited lol. =] I cant picture anyone playing the characters because when I read it, the characters became figments of my imagination, and now I nee dto read it again and think of it from a whole new perspective.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
MiA_theGREAT from Hustletown, TX replied on 04-08-2008 07:40PM [Reply]

i agree with lauren london for winter.. she obviously can play alot younger than she is. tyrese=midnight...(then again that could just be me wanting to ogle him thru a 90 minute movie. what about taraji for winter's mom? no? & then for a little sister, i say baby girl from my wife & kids wit the blondish lookin hair. damn..that movie got a lotta parts to fill.. but prolly for the grown winter: queen latifah. she does the prison look well haha. & is her name rashida? the nerdy girl anyway... vanessa from bernie mac show
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 2 of 3 First  < 123  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!