Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > The Graveyard (2005)
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
I need help on NBA project Posted on 03-16-2005

IgnoranceIsBliss
Dallas, TX
We have to do a project on organizational structure of a business, for instance you have the CEO, the COO, the guy under him, and different managers and departments under the CEO. Ya understand? Do any of yall know the organizational structure for the NBA. I know David Stern is commissioner, but who's under him, and who's under who's under him, and so on.
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 1 1
replied on 03-17-2005 09:16PM [Reply]
Oh my wow...This has completely STUMPED The Godfather of Sports, Megan! (temporarily) Lets see....from the info I've came up with, the management structure is really loose ended. Here's what I know about the totem pole so far (from current knowledge, plus recent diggin'.....) 1. Commissioner, David Stern (head honcho) 2. VP of Operations, Rod Thorn (whom I think is NOT the VP of Ops anymore...hands down fines, suspensions...acts as "head of security" of sort.) 3. Team Owner ("owns" team...executes monetary and player transactions...is the head honcho of each team) 3.5. Team ****'s (Mitch Kupchak runs Lakers, Isiah Thomas runs Knicks, Jerry West runs Memphis, Danny Ainge runs Celtics [go figure]). 4. Head Coach (runs the teams day-to-day on/off court dealings) 5. Star player/Team Captain (usually a coach favorite. Star players, in most instances, has say-so in who gets traded...who gets cut...who comes to the team....he is the voice of the team)
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
IgnoranceIsBliss from Dallas, TX replied on 03-17-2005 09:25PM [Reply]

Thank you so much. That really helped me out.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
AggieWarrior from Charlotte, NC replied on 03-18-2005 04:32PM [Reply]

Kool™ in High Definition wrote:
Oh my wow...This has completely STUMPED The Godfather of Sports, Megan! (temporarily) Lets see....from the info I've came up with, the management structure is really loose ended. Here's what I know about the totem pole so far (from current knowledge, plus recent diggin'.....) 1. Commissioner, David Stern (head honcho) 2. VP of Operations, Rod Thorn (whom I think is NOT the VP of Ops anymore...hands down fines, suspensions...acts as "head of security" of sort.) 3. Team Owner ("owns" team...executes monetary and player transactions...is the head honcho of each team) 3.5. Team ****'s (Mitch Kupchak runs Lakers, Isiah Thomas runs Knicks, Jerry West runs Memphis, Danny Ainge runs Celtics [go figure]). 4. Head Coach (runs the teams day-to-day on/off court dealings) 5. Star player/Team Captain (usually a coach favorite. Star players, in most instances, has say-so in who gets traded...who gets cut...who comes to the team....he is the voice of the team)
what about Deputy Commissioner Russ Granik... or Head of Disciplinary Actions Stu Jackson
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
IgnoranceIsBliss from Dallas, TX replied on 03-18-2005 08:14PM [Reply]

^Where do they fit in?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
AggieWarrior from Charlotte, NC replied on 03-19-2005 01:48AM [Reply]

Granik is the man under Stern.... and Jackson is under Granik... Rod Thorn isn't even part of that list, he's the Pres. of the NJ Nets... :arrow:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 03-20-2005 08:48PM [Reply]
Thanks for pointing that out...i didn't even think about them. You know the country's gone to hell in a fuel tank when the NBA's organization structure is more intact than the U.S. Government.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 1 1
Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > The Graveyard (2005)
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!