Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Afterburn Pt II Posted on 03-10-2005
black_gurl

Okay I just finished reading Zane's most recent book Afterburn and was I the only one who was highly upset with the fact that Zane decided to end the book the way she did because I was gettin all into the book hopin for Rayne and Yardly to get married the BOOM! out of nowhere tragedy strikes :x and now she tryin to write a sequal.....man....
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 1 1
TSUlady from Bloomington, IL replied on 03-10-2005 09:58PM [Reply]
Right, I thought I was the only that didn't want to read a sequel to this book, cuz personally I don't want to read about Yardly falling for someone else, when Rayne was **** in the last novel.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 03-11-2005 03:50PM [Reply]
Exactly, I was upset and now Yardly moves back to North Carolina and finds new love.....no, but it does have a nice messege in the book and that's why I think she did it that way because at the end in her Commentary she explains how this Novel was about one thing:Waistin time and I was like like what is she tallin about then I had to go back and read it again then I understood what she meant because she does mention how Rayne been in bad Relationships and Yardly also but then when they got together they waisted they're time on things that really didn't matter then she goes on to say how Ryane had demons within herself because of her mom which I could fully understand because Rayne didn't even want to marry Yardly because of her mom....etc.....etc.....it was just a big upset to me....and sad :cry:
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 03-31-2005 11:05AM [Reply]
Im with ya'll..I was kinda upset that Yardly was going to fall for someone else. Shoot I was expectin them to have babies and stuff..
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
boygimmedat from South Orange, NJ replied on 05-16-2005 01:57PM [Reply]

PinaCoLadaCutie wrote:
Im with ya'll..I was kinda upset that Yardly was going to fall for someone else. Shoot I was expectin them to have babies and stuff..
yeah i was type mad when i read she **** her off i was really rootin for those two...eh i dont know if i can go through another sequal
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
woogl replied on 07-12-2007 08:54AM [Reply]
I am excited to read the sequel. I want to see if she can top the last one. Yes the ending was different... to say the least... but it is atwist that none of her other books seem to have, and I think that gives this book umph that other books, so far, fail to live up to. This book is her best... unless it can be proven other wise.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
OohSheNIICE replied on 08-25-2007 04:41AM [Reply]
No was was expecting it? I kinda had a feeling towards the ending that someone was going to get ****. The way the message was to "live your life" I was like "yea...a main character is going to die" Still...I was kinda shocked how she died and **** at Yardy. Was it like a year even? I know you should continue on but I felt so drawn to Rayne's character. I refuse to read part 2. It won't be the same. lol I don't think it was her best book. I mean, it was good, don't get me wrong. But I'll have to go with Addicted. That was a bad **** book!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 1 1
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!