Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > The Graveyard (2005)
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
did/do you play sports? Posted on 02-28-2005

Kool 2k6
Charlotte, NC
played basketball from the time i was 8 til i was 13.... first basket game in the championship game.... our team went 11-5, and that was good enough for 2nd place... behind this team that went 16-0 in the regular season... what made it sweet was that everyone assumed that our team was gonna lose in the championship.... and we ended up winning the game by two points, i swear it was like a college championship, had parents jumping from two rows back in the bleachers... best performance--- had 14 pts 10 reb. 6 blk shots and 5 asts... in S. Dakota... it was good b/c i was playin rec ball, and it gave me the chance to play the big man and post up... so i can post up and pull the J... i'm a very versatile guard/forward 8) damn it Dame, you bout to make me find a league too.... :arrow:
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 2 12  >  Last
replied on 02-28-2005 09:57PM [Reply]
I found a rec league that starts in November and lasts thru December and into January...minimum of 20 games per year. That means I got 9 months to get back down to 240lbs. I'd love to get down to 230, but if I dont....f--k it. I'll still dog folks regardless. I just dont want to play at 270. That'll be hell. I'll keep ya'll posted.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
tigeress05 replied on 03-01-2005 01:19AM [Reply]
I played soccer from 6th grade-8th; then again my junior year of highschool. I played softball my senior year which my greatest moment came when I popped a homer.....i knocked it out of the field so I just did my best Ken Griffy, JR. impression and walked the bases. Yeah, I was called a show-off by my bestfriend but we won the game(lol).
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 03-01-2005 11:42AM [Reply]
Boxing since I was 8. Boxing is my life. Well, since everyone is listing their moment of glory...I'll list mine. On July 15th, I took a lightweight fight on 24 hour notice. I weighed in at 128 pounds, and my opponent dried out to weigh in at 135. On fight night I was 129 pounds and my opponent was 152. Needless to say, I'm a pretty small lightweight, and he was 6 feet tall, having an advatage over me in just about every physical advantage. Bell rings, average first round...already bleeding. Bell for the second rings. He hit me with a right hand that hurt me, then about 4 or 5 more punches that put me on my back. I managed to pull myself up, and go 100% Italian on him. Stood my ground, went flat-flooted and went to war. At the 2:00 mark I hit him with a body shot that back him into the ropes. Needless to say, I'm one of those guys that will take 2-3 for one body shot. Kept working the body, and at 2:40 he crumbled, and didn't make the 10 count. John King KO 2 8) Thunder
replied on 03-01-2005 02:00PM [Reply]
Basketball since I was 8 years old. Currently working out with my current school's Basketball team (D-2) and considering transferring to another school to pursue my hoop dreams. Football until 9th grade when I realized it was too cold to be outside. Baseball until 8th grade when I realized to was too hot to be standing in the sun chasing around a little white ball.
replied on 03-01-2005 05:42PM [Reply]
I gotta story that starts bitter and ends kinda bitter in the eyes of somebody sacrifices for sports. I tried playin football when I was about 8, but I was too fat for my age so they didnt let me play. I had to get kicked off before the season started. Freshmen year I was back on the field, started one game. Worked out a lil over the offseason, but I really didnt no much cause coaches didnt have a program. Sophmore year sat the bench, started killin at practice goin into the middle of the season but all I got from that was no. 1 on special teams. I learned how to lift and actually get stronger and I did progressed. I play little during junior year, I had to sit in favor of mostly seniors tho. All off season I was inked in as starter at guard. I worked my **** off like crazy on the off season. I worked my **** off over the summer. I worked my **** off in 3 days of doubles, then did somethin that I had never done in my life and quit. I was so close to doing what I wanted to do so bad but found out that it wasnt important as I made it out to be. I miss football like crazy but I know I gained alot in other areas. Other sports.. track and field. Im a thrower4LIFE. Discus and shotput.
Poody from Sandy Springs, GA replied on 03-05-2005 04:14AM [Reply]
track and a whole bunch of other stuff my best performance was in the state 4x400. I put our school in 1st place then our 4th leg brought it home.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 03-05-2005 06:02PM [Reply]
one game i had 160 somethin yards anda 70 yard touchdown... cant think of nothin else oh yeah i hit the game winning free throws one
Gr33n 3y3d Boi from Baltimore, MD replied on 03-05-2005 10:34PM [Reply]

I played Basketball since i was 12 ( yeah i know i started out late) but somehow my skills have grown tremendously...it's unbelievable lol.... Started out playing the 4 (for all that don't know that's the Power Forward Position) because I was tall for my age at that point at least....averaged about 4-5.5 pts, 4 steals, 3 assists, 2 blocks per game.... but then at some point i stopped growing and then i was moved to Point Guard (that's what i love now ). But, I played for Cecil Rec in their House League and AAU ... Best Game i had ever was when i had a triple-double (i was about 14-15 by now) ....16 pts, 12 assists, and 14 steals....we won that game 85-27 yes a blow out, but what can you say it was a house league , eventually we went undefeated and won the championships...I was always CUT from Highschool try-outs all 4 years (sad i know ) mainly because i don't shoot and i don't go hawk lol main things u had to show-off to get a spot lol.... But, all in all i will try-out for a walk-on at Temple if not then i will be playing in their Intramural league up there....i'll keep y'all posted Hopefully there i will be running the 1 as well (a very very hard job indeed)
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Gr33n 3y3d Boi from Baltimore, MD replied on 03-08-2005 11:10PM [Reply]

^^^Yea i will try my best...hopefully Cheney will notice my hard work ethics...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 2 12  >  Last
Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > The Graveyard (2005)
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!