Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > The Graveyard (2005)
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Does a car change your life? Posted on 02-27-2005
triplesix

It seems that when people get a car there confidence level sky rockets. **** seem to not be as scared to holla at a girl as they were when they didnt have a a car. This might sound stupid but doesnt a car change your life?
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 2 12  >  Last
replied on 02-27-2005 01:40PM [Reply]
Really, it's a double edge sword. You may get more attention when you have the car but you'd also have to look to see if people are using you just for that reason. In this case you'd have to know who your true friends are. All in all, I still have to say yes
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
peachyhoney02 from Washington, DC replied on 02-27-2005 01:57PM [Reply]

YEAH CAUSE GUYS THAT HAVE THE HIGH PRICE CARS AND TRUCKS THINK THAT THEY ARE THE ****WHEN THEY GET THOSE CAUSE SO I THINK IT DOES AFFECT PEOPLE AND THEIR LIVES
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kinkee replied on 02-27-2005 11:09PM [Reply]
****I get car happy. But I don't be trying to pick up anybody. I just want look cute and flash my clean car. 8)
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Hornet_Psi replied on 02-27-2005 11:50PM [Reply]
A car makes you think, because all of a sudden, you've got a new responsiblity. You gotta take care of it, just like it was a pet. Feed it, clean it, keep the level straight and make sure your insurance is good on it. Does it changfe your life, though? Nah, but it does make life alot more conveinent.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
R-Tistic from Los Angeles, CA replied on 02-27-2005 11:57PM [Reply]

It can change your life, but not in the way that marriage, death, kids, etc. does. It also depends how you are with it, what kind you have, how things went before you had it, what you have to use it for, etc. etc. In high school, it was definitely a big thing to finally get your car. I never worried about gettin used because I charged EVERYBODY gas money, even my closest friends. But in college, I won't really say it means quite as much when you live on campus, or if everything you go to is in reasonable distance or if your friends have cars. It just makes things a lot more convenient, and makes you a lot lazier. I drive to places that are only 10 minutes away in walking.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Blutifully Human from Washington, DC replied on 02-28-2005 02:17AM [Reply]

R-Tistic wrote:
It can change your life, but not in the way that marriage, death, kids, etc. does. It also depends how you are with it, what kind you have, how things went before you had it, what you have to use it for, etc. etc. In high school, it was definitely a big thing to finally get your car. I never worried about gettin used because I charged EVERYBODY gas money, even my closest friends. But in college, I won't really say it means quite as much when you live on campus, or if everything you go to is in reasonable distance or if your friends have cars. It just makes things a lot more convenient, and makes you a lot lazier. I drive to places that are only 10 minutes away in walking.
very true. My car is back at home in LA, and life is much different over here in DC without it. I have to walk or catch the train everywhere that i go. I think that's how i've lost a few pounds. Cuz at home, if i could drive my car to the end of the drive way just to get a piece of paper that i dropped...i would do it :lol:. Bein in LA makes u lazy as hell. U MUST have a car in that city. Ova here in college it isn't too bad cuz most folks don't have it.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
In Rod We Trust replied on 02-28-2005 02:32AM [Reply]
Yeah I hate not having a car... I feel helpless... Muh fucckaz ask me for a ride all the time... but i only rode 3 deep in my car..and I had 3 friends...so u were s.o.l
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
SC_Shawty from Columbia, SC replied on 02-28-2005 06:25AM [Reply]

My car is back home...can't have it on campus until sophmore year...and it's **** me...I can't just up and leave like I use to do...If you wanna go somewhere you gotta truck it or hop on the bus, neither am I a huge fan of but yea a car does change your life...and in some situations when you get ya car everybody want to ride and stuff Im saying if you got gas money hop in....not just anybody though...but yep cant wait til sophmore year damnit
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
NeoSoulBrotha from Rosedale, MD replied on 03-01-2005 06:58PM [Reply]

Slightly. You get to go where you want on your own schedule. You also get more stuff to pay for, like gas and repairs. Also, you get more friends, who seem to get more friendly the more they need to go somewhere. Holla!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 2 12  >  Last
Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > The Graveyard (2005)
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!