Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
BAP: Black American Princess Posted on 07-27-2004
lilHUgurl

Has any girl read this book? I read it its okay but very conceited. Read it and tell me what you think.
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 1 1
LuvKisselle replied on 07-30-2004 08:10PM [Reply]
The BAP Handbook is a fun book that isn't really meant to be taken seriously. Some of the stuff is true and the other stuff is meant for humor. I really enjoy it though. And I can relate to a lot of things in there. Some of the info in the book is helpful in becoming a BAP. Do you consider yourself to be a BAP?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 08-03-2004 10:42AM [Reply]
I bought that book for a friend for her birthday...it even has info about college...although what's stated about Hampton is untrue...something about it'll take you 6 years to graduate. Not sure if she read it.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 08-05-2004 02:52PM [Reply]
I think I'm a BAP. I know for sure I'm not ghetto or country. I pronounce my e's and r's but if any of them I'm probably more of a butterfly than a betty. **** at the boguses because I know some girls just like that.
replied on 08-05-2004 02:54PM [Reply]
C Diddy wrote:
I bought that book for a friend for her birthday...it even has info about college...although what's stated about Hampton is untrue...something about it'll take you 6 years to graduate. Not sure if she read it.
It says Hampton is where to go if you want to graduate. Howard is the black hole where no one graduates in 4 years.
replied on 08-15-2004 01:01PM [Reply]
I read it, and I was bit peeved for the Zetas and the Sigmas. I'm not Greek or anything like that, but they completely tossed them aside as if they aren't even worth the mention. I know it was meant to be a joke, but it honestly wasn't funny. However, the rest of the book was cool, although the term BAP has been around for a while and no book could ever make someone into one, lol. I'm sure the more mature audience will realize this, but I bet it's some young Black girls who are just dying to reinvent themselves as a Betty, a Boho, or a Butterfly... so the Impressionable Young Girl should not read this book.
CTeazy from Los Angeles, CA replied on 08-15-2004 05:45PM [Reply]

it was funny. It was completely unrealistic. The most ghettonamed people are also some of the most intelligent. This book was offensive to people who were named by their parents.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 1 1
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!