Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
BAD Girlz Posted on 07-06-2004
Kismet_TNT

Aight I finished reading the book in one day. It was a good book. So who read it and who is ready to discuss?
  [Reply]
Page 2 of 3 First  < 123  >  Last
YoungPhenom4TheFuture replied on 07-10-2004 11:50PM [Reply]
:arrow: Exactly how old was tonya?....did they ever mention?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kismet_TNT replied on 07-11-2004 12:49AM [Reply]
Not*a*hater wrote:
I have no clue......I know under 18. I think she was about 15 or 16.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
GaPeAcH replied on 07-11-2004 01:18AM [Reply]
Skegee_Lady wrote:
Not*a*hater wrote:
she turned eighteen a little after she hooked up with kat and goldie.....dont yall remember the part where her trifling cousin tried to get at her @ the club...he said something bout her being under age she was under 21 but she had hit 18
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-12-2004 09:36AM [Reply]
Skegee_Lady wrote:
Okay. I guess I'll have to wait. Until then I have a few discussion questions: :arrow: What do you think of Toya's mother? Do you think she reacted to harshly about the passion marks? :arrow: How would you have handled the situation (of her boyfriend) if you were Toya's mother?
:arrow: Yeah I think she overreacted. I mean yeah maybe hit her but dang she beat her down like it was somebody in the street. I think after she was reprimanded her mother should have had a sit down about "the birds and the bees" :lol: :arrow: I would have found that negro and F'd him up....nuff said. Sadly there are mothers like Tonya that exist.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kismet_TNT replied on 07-12-2004 05:06PM [Reply]
GaPeAcH wrote:
Skegee_Lady wrote:
Not*a*hater wrote:
she turned eighteen a little after she hooked up with kat and goldie.....dont yall remember the part where her trifling cousin tried to get at her @ the club...he said something bout her being under age she was under 21 but she had hit 18
I don't think she was quite 18 because legally you can strip at 18. She must have been under 18 cuz her cuzin said she couldn't strip there.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
LuvKisselle replied on 07-12-2004 11:24PM [Reply]
Were some parts of this story ridiculous to you? For example, Goldie's boyfriend telling her to **** her mother because she was in his way? Her mother dying anyway because she lit a cigarette while the stove was on and blew the whole block up? Goldie not being able to contact anyone while in NY? Kat's ****, which was absolutely ridiculous...I could keep going on.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kismet_TNT replied on 07-13-2004 05:28PM [Reply]
LuvKisselle wrote:
Were some parts of this story ridiculous to you? For example, Goldie's boyfriend telling her to **** her mother because she was in his way? Her mother dying anyway because she lit a cigarette while the stove was on and blew the whole block up? Goldie not being able to contact anyone while in NY? Kat's ****, which was absolutely ridiculous...I could keep going on.
yeah some of the stuff was a bit off. But the book was still good.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-14-2004 04:00PM [Reply]
Two More Weeks Until A New Selection.... Next time we need something with a male main character...something the guys wouldn't feel weird about reading in public.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kismet_TNT replied on 07-14-2004 05:58PM [Reply]
^^^^Yeah I feel ya.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
P o e t i q R e i g n from Greensboro, NC replied on 07-20-2004 03:34PM [Reply]

it's still checked out @ the local libraries
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 2 of 3 First  < 123  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!