Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Don't Even Bother Reading It.... Posted on 06-24-2004
C Diddy

What are some books you wish you didn't waste hours reading? I'll start...off the top of my head "Diary of a Groupie"...Omar Tyree
  [Reply]
Page 6 of 6 First  < 123456
TSUlady from Bloomington, IL replied on 05-04-2005 09:37PM [Reply]
Dogism by Marc Anthony was straight garbage to me, and what baffles me even more is that people on amazon.com rated that book all five stars. I was also highly disappointed with The Hustlers Wife by Nikki Turner, a lot of people recommended it and I was let down
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Tastey2222 from Greer, SC replied on 05-04-2005 11:18PM [Reply]

TSUlady wrote:
Dogism by Marc Anthony was straight garbage to me, and what baffles me even more is that people on amazon.com rated that book all five stars. I was also highly disappointed with The Hustlers Wife by Nikki Turner, a lot of people recommended it and I was let down
Anybody can write an Amazon review. As an author I can tell you that many authors have thier friends and family write reviews, and some even stoop to making up names and writing their own. And I agree...it's garbage.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
TSUlady from Bloomington, IL replied on 05-08-2005 12:17AM [Reply]
Tastey2222 wrote:
TSUlady wrote:
Anybody can write an Amazon review. As an author I can tell you that many authors have thier friends and family write reviews, and some even stoop to making up names and writing their own. And I agree...it's garbage.
not but I'm saying it wasn't just a couple of people that said it was good, it was a lot of people, because that's one of the reasons why I wanted to read it, that and a lot of people on this message board recommended it also, as apart of the book of the month.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-11-2005 08:20PM [Reply]
The Coldest Winter ever, I just wasnt feeling it, it was wayyyyy too overrated, my friend was like "you HAVE to read this book its better than Flyy Girl blah blah blah" It just seemed soo..."mainstream urban gangsta girl" I hated it.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
itsBrittany from Hampton, VA replied on 07-05-2005 12:02PM [Reply]

~*Gina*~ wrote:
For the Love of Money was one of the biggest disappointments to me.
^^ditto!!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
1stLadyHU from Grand Rapids, MI replied on 09-02-2005 11:21PM [Reply]

PANDORA'S BOX BY allison hobbs
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 02-17-2006 10:38AM [Reply]
I wasn't going to comment until someone posted that B-More careful was a bad book are u crazy I understand I have to respect your opinion but I have read almost over a hundred books in the last 2 years half of them being street novels and this book is so damn ,I just love it It is one of the only books that compare to the coldest winter ever in the sense of content and moral.Bad Girlz was okay Try reading his latest book Never Go Home Again maybe im just impartial because I really like Triple Crown Publications Books One day I hope to get down for my crown.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kismet_TNT replied on 02-18-2006 02:46PM [Reply]
I read his latest book never go home again it it touched me. I didn't like the ending of the book, but it was a good ebding because it was realistic. Shannon Holmes is an excellent author and I recommend all his books especially to thoes who are having a hard time in life and thse who are living the "fast life" and street life.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
we_ replied on 03-17-2007 12:10AM [Reply]
I have Omar Tyree's "What They Want" sitting on my desk. Had it sitting here for the past 6 months. But I haven't read it b/c everyone says that it's a slow book and hard to get into. To those who have read it, how was it?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
rkfl2004 replied on 06-26-2007 06:33AM [Reply]
Plz...dont Eva Read Anything By Omar Tyree...i Think He Falls Asleep Wrting His Junk Cuz I Def Do When Im Readin It...for The Love Of Money Somehow Managed To Be Even Worse Than Flyy Girl Which I Felt Was So Immature And Lacked Any Kind Of Style To It...but Yeah..another Horrible Book..was Love Thy Sister Watch Thy Back..the Plot Sounded Good But B/w The Typos And Theunrealistic Ending..it Was Jus Horrible
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 6 of 6 First  < 123456
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!