Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Don't Even Bother Reading It.... Posted on 06-24-2004
C Diddy

What are some books you wish you didn't waste hours reading? I'll start...off the top of my head "Diary of a Groupie"...Omar Tyree
  [Reply]
Page 4 of 6 First  < 123456  >  Last
BmoreBabigyrl replied on 08-13-2004 01:32AM [Reply]
Dr. Ash wrote:
College Boy...I STILL haven't finished that book, it just wasn't doing it for me!
I tried for 3 months to read that book... It was killin me.. I'm usta reading a book in 2-3 days tops... I liked Leslie though... Don't bother w/ "Around The Way Girls"... Ion even know why I brought it.. I wanted to try a new author or somethin.. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED!!! i wish I could return that book...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
~*MsLisha*~ from Sacramento, CA replied on 09-19-2004 12:24AM [Reply]
I would say just about any book by Omar Tyree. A lot of his books start off slow and just end up disappointing me but Flyy Girl was off the hook!! That was the best book he ever wrote and For The Love of Money was the worst
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Blutifully Human from Washington, DC replied on 09-23-2004 12:12AM [Reply]

^^^Yeah, Flyy Girl was definately his claim to fame. And the sequal, "For The Love of Money" was hot boo boo. And another one by him, "Just Say NO" about this singer dude, was a big NO NO itself. lol.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
atlprincess from College Park, GA replied on 10-03-2004 04:56PM [Reply]

I liked "Just Say No"...it was sad at the end though. I didn't like "For the Love of Money" or "Yo-Yo Love."
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
kujo from baltimore, MD replied on 11-09-2004 01:56PM [Reply]
I understand that we all have our own opinions but how can you say Yo-Yo love and B-More careful were horrible.I think they were good books. The characters had issues but overall they were good!! I have to agree with everyone that didn't care for Thieves Paradise it was a disappointment after reading his other work but I actually liked Between Lovers.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 12-11-2004 03:15PM [Reply]
Part 2 of Flyy Girl: For the Love of Money. i hated it
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
The Big Girl Sweetz replied on 12-14-2004 07:32PM [Reply]
lol i loved the sequal to fly girl... I thought the poetry added such a good touch.... and wat that nucca did to tracy..............oooohhhh i wanted to cut him.... :lol:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
truthBtold replied on 12-20-2004 05:08AM [Reply]
i kinda liked yo yo love. now For the Love of Money was not, i repeat not the spirit. im mad that after flyy girl omar tyree just ran out of good ideas. imma need for him to get with the program
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
BRICKCITYSMOSTTALENTED from newark, NJ replied on 12-22-2004 09:08AM [Reply]
I LIKED LESLIE, HATED FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY. TRACY WAS JUST AS CHILDISH AS AN ADULT AS SHE WAS IN FLYY GIRL.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 12-22-2004 11:47AM [Reply]
Addicted by Zane just wasn't up to par. Read APF sisters instead.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 4 of 6 First  < 123456  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!