Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Don't Even Bother Reading It.... Posted on 06-24-2004
C Diddy

What are some books you wish you didn't waste hours reading? I'll start...off the top of my head "Diary of a Groupie"...Omar Tyree
  [Reply]
Page 3 of 6 First  < 123456  >  Last
TSUlady from Bloomington, IL replied on 07-03-2004 10:31PM [Reply]
**MissC is 20** wrote:
Anybody read "Skyscraper"...the story line sounds interesting.
I read it and it was pretty good, I really liked the story line and the different characters, sometimes it was hard to remember who was who and how they were related in the book but overall it was pretty good. 8)
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
AggieSweetie07 replied on 07-04-2004 12:16AM [Reply]
LuvKisselle wrote:
Bad Girlz was horrible! But since its the book of the month, I won't comment on it.
i've tried to read this book twice, and didn't get half the book read both times..i guess its not worth my time reading then... :?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
King_J replied on 07-04-2004 02:47PM [Reply]
AggieSweetie07 wrote:
LuvKisselle wrote:
Bad Girlz was horrible! But since its the book of the month, I won't comment on it.
i've tried to read this book twice, and didn't get half the book read both times..i guess its not worth my time reading then... :?
I read some of it, but I gotta pass on this one
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-06-2004 02:46AM [Reply]
"Love the one you're with" James Earl Hardy. I've been trying to read it and it's **** me. I can't get past ch. 6 and I was already **** off at ch. 2. "Hand-me-down heartbreak" Tajuana "TJ" Butler. It's aiight but the story moves a lil too slow for my liking.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
In Rod We Trust replied on 07-15-2004 12:30AM [Reply]
Soulmates Dissapate or whatever that ****is..and the damn sequel to the book was HORRIBLE.. Yo-Yo Love was HORRIBLE B-MoreCareful was HORRIBLE.. Itz a couple more cant thing right now...Can i ask why no one liked Between lovers??? I liked that book..just didnt like how he was so in love with her :? and he was a good man
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-15-2004 02:42AM [Reply]
Thieves Paradise was boring to me. And Rosayln McMillian books are just somethin I cant get into, especially Blue Collar Blues and This Side of Eternity. And some book I read, "A thin Line" was a waste of my $5 and 4 hours it took to read it. And with Omar Tyree, For the Love of Money just didn't live up to my expectations. I read Flyy Girl cover to cover countless times, but the sequel just failed to deliver. Diary of a Groupie could have been a whole lot better, especially with detailed background information.
replied on 07-15-2004 10:02AM [Reply]
AJ_Kisses wrote:
"Hand-me-down heartbreak" Tajuana "TJ" Butler. It's aiight but the story moves a lil too slow for my liking.
Cosign....it was so predictable
TSUlady from Bloomington, IL replied on 07-15-2004 05:30PM [Reply]
That Amazing Bytch wrote:
Soulmates Dissapate or whatever that ****is..and the damn sequel to the book was HORRIBLE.. Yo-Yo Love was HORRIBLE B-MoreCareful was HORRIBLE.. Itz a couple more cant thing right now...Can i ask why no one liked Between lovers??? I liked that book..just didnt like how he was so in love with her :? and he was a good man
I liked Soulmates Dissipate and the sequel although some parts I thought were unrealistic and she didn't explain some events. I didn't like between lovers or Thieves Paradise, I don't know why, but I couldn't really get into between lovers, and thieves paradise was not like his others. I also didn't like He's just a friend by Mary B. Morrison.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
the_Jazziest_Diva from Dallas, TX replied on 07-19-2004 09:11PM [Reply]

Someone mentioned how HORRIBLE "Yo-Yo Love" was...I try to read different black authors to get them some exposure but I should've kept that two nights and done something else... "B-More Careful" was also HORRIBLE...'nuff said Another book that was good but really predictable..."True to the Game"...I liked the beginning but then it started getting very unrealistic and extreme...I am sure there are some people who can atest to living like they did but since I have never seen it, it seemed like a bit much. "Diary of a Groupie" was boring and I have got past the part when she got stopped by the private investigator...That is all I can tell you!!! "The Lies Men Tell and the Secrets They Keep" was a book that was either really poorly put together or really boot-legged. I bought it from the from Black Authors Tour when it came to campus and read it in one night but after I got done, I was left thinking "Was that all?" I am sure I will think of more considering all I do is read, but I will have to come back for those...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
CTeazy from Los Angeles, CA replied on 08-05-2004 05:15AM [Reply]

I had to stop reading Diary of A Groupie...It was just slow. I finally got my book back from my sistah-friends and it was disappointing. Then there was Skyscrapers by Zane and that book was just not up to par with her others.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 3 of 6 First  < 123456  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!