Home > Forums > Interest Groups > Fraternity & Sorority Life
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
question For the greeks.... Posted on 05-15-2008

DJ Knightmare
augusta, GA
the question i pose to you all... oh and hey yall... is what do yall think of people who Obtain thier letters and all of a sudden they jus forget who they were... for instance.... i had a homie who joined ok ok ok lol and now its like he dont know me no more... i understand its gone change u for the better and make u grow. but disowning ya homiess... i think its shady... IM NOT MAKIN A GENERALIZATION IM JUS COURIOUS AS TO HOW GREEKS FEEL ABOUT IT
  [Reply]
Page 2 of 2 First  < 12
replied on 05-18-2008 04:01PM [Reply]
treyslizzle wrote:
appreciate it man. I would start my own thread but I don't know how to?
Go to the Forum you want to post a thread in: i.e.: Tha Yard, Greek Fam 2. At the top of the page, you should see New Thread. Click on that button, and you'll automatically be able to create your own thread.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
treyslizzle replied on 05-18-2008 04:04PM [Reply]
I found Out. THANKS
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
LadyNole09 replied on 05-18-2008 05:01PM [Reply]
Is it me or am I the only one thinking "who gives a ****" about who is popular and who wins step shows? I may not be D9 Greek but seriously, I would be asking questions about who does more community service or who produces the best programs that reach out to others.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
treyslizzle replied on 05-18-2008 05:20PM [Reply]
nice input. But I've done my research and I know the community service projects (tutor kids,help out senior citizens etc.) I get where ur coming from but I just want to know about social life also. Damn I didn't know that was a felony. Hampton U Baby
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
LadyNole09 replied on 05-18-2008 05:31PM [Reply]
I'm thinking there are others who may be thinking the same thing so don't get smart with me, buddy. I'm not the one trying to find out this information, YOU ARE. If you done your research, then why is it important to know the social life of the orgs? *smh*
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
treyslizzle replied on 05-18-2008 05:58PM [Reply]
because they never answer my specific questions. I didn't try to come off as a smart ****. Its just that when u got mom that's aka u only hear about how pretty and popular they are. I just want to get some input from students today that's not one-sided
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Soundcheck 1898 replied on 05-26-2008 12:23PM [Reply]
DJ Knightmare wrote:
the question i pose to you all... oh and hey yall... is what do yall think of people who Obtain thier letters and all of a sudden they jus forget who they were... for instance.... i had a homie who joined ok ok ok lol and now its like he dont know me no more... i understand its gone change u for the better and make u grow. but disowning ya homiess... i think its shady... IM NOT MAKIN A GENERALIZATION IM JUS COURIOUS AS TO HOW GREEKS FEEL ABOUT IT
back to the topic at hand.... People who become TOOO brand new have always been one of the things that has irked me when people find new cliques in general. Even outside of fraternities. I don't see this with guys as much. I mainly see this with women. Quite often I'll see people join an organization and its like their past is just erased. Like there was no life before and all life in the present revolves around XYZ. That always irked me because those are the people that truly didn't have knowledge of self previous to joining whatever org. Y'all what I'm talking about. You go on their facebook and see nothing but albums revolving around XYZ... and like 2 pictures of their friends b4 (AND they joined their junior/senior year lol). I will say this.... if he's a neo give him a semester or two adjust. When joining a fraternal organization there is going to be an influx of new people in your life and its going be a social overload. If you stick around he's gonna know who his real friends are. My best friend since Freshmen year is still my best friend 6 years later. He's part of my frat's extended family and is received as such.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
LadyNole09 replied on 05-26-2008 12:44PM [Reply]
Soundcheck 1898 wrote:
back to the topic at hand.... People who become TOOO brand new have always been one of the things that has irked me when people find new cliques in general. Even outside of fraternities. I don't see this with guys as much. I mainly see this with women. Quite often I'll see people join an organization and its like their past is just erased. Like there was no life before and all life in the present revolves around XYZ. That always irked me because those are the people that truly didn't have knowledge of self previous to joining whatever org. Y'all what I'm talking about. You go on their facebook and see nothing but albums revolving around XYZ... and like 2 pictures of their friends b4 (AND they joined their junior/senior year lol). I will say this.... if he's a neo give him a semester or two adjust. When joining a fraternal organization there is going to be an influx of new people in your life and its going be a social overload. If you stick around he's gonna know who his real friends are. My best friend since Freshmen year is still my best friend 6 years later. He's part of my frat's extended family and is received as such.
OMG! Do you not speak the truth? I have a few close friends that I knew before they went XYZ. Now, I have made new friends since pledging but I have yet to change for anyone. I have one friend that pledged a MC sorority and I thought that she would change but instead of changing, she would still invite me to get togethers that she had since HS and I also got to meet a lot of her sisters that I am cool with as well. So she is one of the few to still be herself. So I will say this, stick to the advice given by the brother above. Support him as well and let him know that you are still there for him IF he needs you (I am not saying that in a bad way). Thank God for my friends that had my back before I pledged and are still around.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 2 of 2 First  < 12
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > Fraternity & Sorority Life
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!