Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Anybody start reading the book yet? Posted on 06-09-2004
C Diddy

I went to exchange something at Old Navy and drove right past Barnes and Nobles...but has anyone started the book yet? What are your thoughts thus far?
  [Reply]
Page 3 of 4 First  < 1234  >  Last
HU_BadLady replied on 06-14-2004 07:47PM [Reply]
Thanx...LoL
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
BrownSugar from Columbus, OH replied on 06-15-2004 08:44PM [Reply]

got the book today. page 1 . . .
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-18-2004 09:26AM [Reply]
I'm on page 134....things are picking up in the book. It starts off kinda slow and you have to get use to reading the dialect. Echo...have you been reading?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
EkWoah replied on 06-20-2004 07:30AM [Reply]
lol sorry y'all but ive come up with a selection process for next time, if y'all want to just drop this book and try out my selection process asap ill be okay with it
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-21-2004 11:41AM [Reply]
I'm on page 152...but it's whatever...Let's take a vote...if you want to drop this book and get another...Say "Yay"....Keep Reading until "June 30"....Nay...confused? Just state what you want to do.
replied on 06-22-2004 08:58PM [Reply]
well since this is like the last week of June we...or shall I say yall should just read/wait till June 30th then start off fresh at the beginning of July
replied on 06-23-2004 10:19AM [Reply]
Yeah...I'm gonna read as much as possible and wait for the July book selection...maybe we should start the selection process...since it took forever and two days last time to pick a book. I want to read Uncle Tom's Cabin because its a classic...yet its like pulling teeth trying to get through that book.
YoungPhenom4TheFuture replied on 06-23-2004 06:45PM [Reply]
**MissC is 20** wrote:
Yeah...I'm gonna read as much as possible and wait for the July book selection...maybe we should start the selection process...since it took forever and two days last time to pick a book. I want to read Uncle Tom's Cabin because its a classic...yet its like pulling teeth trying to get through that book.
yea i think it would be wise to start the book selection very soon....uh...more like um...now. cuz black folk....man you kno wat im bout to say right? black folks dont do NUTTIN on time and thas sum real so we should get an early jump on this....I actually want to be apart of the July book club. I would read uncle tom's cabin but seeing as its June 23rd theres no way possible I can finish it by the deadline but I think Ill pick it up for myself.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
EkWoah replied on 06-24-2004 01:50AM [Reply]
how about this... There are five slots to vote for. People nominate books and the first 5 that receive second nominations are put in the slots for voting. We use the poll feature on the board to vote and select the winner. We Read. The End. good system?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-24-2004 08:59AM [Reply]
I guess depends on how long the seconds come...I'm gonna take us my moderator duties and get thangs for July poppin off. :arrow: to Jamila's thread.
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 3 of 4 First  < 1234  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!