Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Book Club Vote for June Posted on 06-02-2004
EkWoah

Alright everybody, what are your recommendations for the first book? We can judge the amount of time to read the book by the length of the book you all decide on... I don't want to be the one to pick the book, but I'd like for the first one to be Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe This seems to be a very crude way to choose a book, if anybody has any ideas of a better system, holla at me... maybe a small council of select people who choose a book every once in a while, maybe even rotating? Let me hear YOUR input...this is your book club!
  [Reply]
Page 5 of 7 First  < 1234567  >  Last
tWiNkLeNuReYe replied on 06-06-2004 09:12PM [Reply]
Can we impeach moderators? cuz Echo is taking entirely too long. I've been gone for 2 days now and a book still hasn't been chosen??? :evil: :evil: :evil:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kismet_TNT replied on 06-07-2004 12:07AM [Reply]
^^^He is taking too long! **** @ impeach moderators!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
King_J replied on 06-07-2004 01:01AM [Reply]
I say the next person to name a book, that should be the book, becaus this lil picking of the book has gone on for too long
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kismet_TNT replied on 06-07-2004 01:38AM [Reply]
CRY ME A RIVER by ERNEST HILL
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
EkWoah replied on 06-07-2004 06:29AM [Reply]
sorry y'all lol my dad took this weekend to see "if morehouse really made me a man" or something by giving me all these tasks and tests and stuff so i havent been on in a while... but now that that is done with... since this is the first book, i've decided to choose Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe .... if you've already read it, don't worry, because this is the first book... A lot of people misuse the term uncle tom, and i'm not sure if a lot of people really know what it means... if anybody has any problem with the book ive chosen.... sorry, I'm just picking this book to start it off I don't know how fast or slow y'all read, but I'd like for everyone who would like to participate in discussion to have read the book by June 30th
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-07-2004 09:21AM [Reply]
Raise your hand if your participating in the first reading? Just taking a head count. :raises hand:
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
BrownSugar from Columbus, OH replied on 06-07-2004 10:13AM [Reply]

that works for me
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
tWiNkLeNuReYe replied on 06-07-2004 12:26PM [Reply]
I'll be participating!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
P o e t i q R e i g n from Greensboro, NC replied on 06-07-2004 12:59PM [Reply]

*raises hand* & yea, i know a lot of people misuse the phrase "Uncle Tom"... guess thas why more have come to say "Clarence Thomas" instead :twisted:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
CaramelCuttie05 replied on 06-07-2004 01:34PM [Reply]
I'll be participating.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 5 of 7 First  < 1234567  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!