Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Book Club Vote for June Posted on 06-02-2004
EkWoah

Alright everybody, what are your recommendations for the first book? We can judge the amount of time to read the book by the length of the book you all decide on... I don't want to be the one to pick the book, but I'd like for the first one to be Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe This seems to be a very crude way to choose a book, if anybody has any ideas of a better system, holla at me... maybe a small council of select people who choose a book every once in a while, maybe even rotating? Let me hear YOUR input...this is your book club!
  [Reply]
Page 4 of 7 First  < 1234567  >  Last
replied on 06-03-2004 09:22PM [Reply]
well...whatever we gonna read we need to choose be4 June 15th cuz thats when im goin to the library to return some of these books that i have to read for this damn summer reading list and get somethin else
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
BmoreBabigyrl replied on 06-04-2004 03:04AM [Reply]
I vote for No Disrespect... newayz.. we need to vote becuz i have money (which is rare) and I really need a good book to read
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-04-2004 08:39AM [Reply]
The Votes Thus Far are 2- Move Over, Girl 3- No Disrepect 1- Cry Me a River
EkWoah replied on 06-04-2004 03:26PM [Reply]
Sorry everybody, I wasn't able to get on yesterday..... But I did come up with a system to choose books, however since this is the first one, I think to ensure its success I will pick the first book... are y'all okay with this decision? Just for the first book I'll choose it, and from then one we can implent the system I came up with... or we can choose one of the systems y'all came up with, I dont want to seem like some kind of dictator or something
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-04-2004 03:56PM [Reply]
I just think people want a book so we can start reading. Most folks are waiting for you to make the announcement though.
P o e t i q R e i g n from Greensboro, NC replied on 06-04-2004 04:06PM [Reply]

^^haha, yeah...purrrtee much.... i wuz @ tha library yestaday... startin readin this book called "Draw Me Your Love"...it was pretty good...anyway tho, i'm prepared ta go back wheneva tha book is announced...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
La replied on 06-04-2004 08:53PM [Reply]
So Mr. Moderator, whats it gonna be??? :? Lets pick a book before the damn month is over. :wink:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-04-2004 11:56PM [Reply]
...and 2 months later... lol has anyone on here ever bought a book off of Ebay?
BrownSugar from Columbus, OH replied on 06-05-2004 12:29AM [Reply]

bluthunder06 wrote:
...and 2 months later... lol has anyone on here ever bought a book off of Ebay?
I have, through Half.com (a branch of Ebay) . . .you can get books for like $0.25 plus a few dollars for shipping and tax. it's a good deal for School books. ANYWAY . . . let us know by tomorrow Ekow, Because that's when I will be headed to the library :wink: :lol:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kismet_TNT replied on 06-06-2004 12:15AM [Reply]
^^Pick the daum book ECHO witcho slow **** :twisted: :lol:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 4 of 7 First  < 1234567  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!